Genesis HealthCare - #1 in healthcare...last in employee satisfaction | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

"#1 in healthcare...last in employee satisfaction"

Current Employee - Mid Level Management
Current Employee - Mid Level Management

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits for Genesis are competitive, although I must say their marketing strategies are great.

Cons

Genesis only cares about the bottom line. They are not in sync with the needs of their employees. Poor working conditions, old equipment, and no upward communication to management.

Advice to Management

Provide employees more resources to get the job done, and truly have an open door policy.

Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare

"My company was bought out by Genesis, it's been a struggle to care for my residents ever since."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Still waiting to see if there are any pros to working for this company. They state their employees must live up to and abide by their "promises" but I have personally seen these "promises" broken over and over by front line staff as well as upper and regional management members.

Cons

This company has so much middle management it is impossible to keep straight who does what. Even the upper management can't give you a straight answer on who does what and more importantly, why it's done. They seem to be more worried about sending, reading and then doing nothing with all the daily reports that must be generated than they do about their employees and residents. The facilities are micromanaged by "the people in the sky" as we call them because we never see these people and have no idea who it is that make all the decisions. The residents seem to be "forgotten" with this company. The food, linen, and medical equipment budgets has been cut since Genesis took over, yet they have no problem flying management members in and paying for overnight accommodations for a 5 hour meeting. I definitely would not place one of my family members or friends into one of their facilities.

Advice to Management

Your "cookie cutter" methods are old and outdated. Each facility has a unique clientele and personality. Try listening to the employees in the buildings instead worrying so much about getting your reports that nothing is done with. Your "promises" are obviously empty words since no one, including you follows them.

"RN, evening shift"

Current Employee - RN
    Current Employee - RN

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair wages. DON is very clear and honest about expectations. Medical Director is agreeable and has a sense of humor. Good benefits. HR is good with approving time off.

Cons

Evening shift is exceptionally understaffed - especially on the weekends which means care is compromised.

Advice to Management

Evening shift is exceptionally understaffed - we need more CNA(s) - especially on the weekends.