Genesis HealthCare - Opportunities for growth for those who want it. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

"Opportunities for growth for those who want it."

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time

Pros

I have been working with Genesis since 2005, in different roles; all of which have allowed me to grow personally and professionally. I truly recommend this company in their career choice.

Cons

If you are truly committed to the healthcare setting and work hard there really are not any con's. the health insurance benefits have declined over the last few years.

Advice to Management

I would just have to say, the health insurance could better. Also, the tuition assistance program has not been available for quite some time now, and to have that assistance the for employees to use will make them more valuable in the long run.

Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare

1. "Good potential to advance"

Former Employee - OTR
    Former Employee - OTR

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AOTA friendly, good educational opportunities, flexibility & good compensation and benefits. Reasonable productivity standards. Good opportunities for advancement. Greater job security when employed by an owner operator versus working for a contract company. Although Genesis has both owner operator and contract work, I was employed at a Genesis operator building.

Cons

Computer software needs some work, time consuming when dealing with tech support.

Advice to Management

Improve software for documentation and increase number of computers and laptops or for evals.

"Transition Year"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at a legacy SunBridge building that Genesis bought out in December 2012 and have also helped in additional facilities, so I have seen great buildings and terrible buildings. There are at least a few people in each building that really know how to get things done. Once you get to know your co-workers, they are really great people in each of the buildings. Of course there are the duds too that got their license in the bottom of a cracker jack box... Management at my main building has great ideas about how things should be run and are accountable for actions taken. Rehab team is great. Pay is pretty good, but the benefits could be better. I've never had a problem with getting time off approved.

Cons

All that being said, management never follows through on their great ideas. Things that need to be done are usually through good CNA and nursing work, but none of those people are ever in our meetings. Upper management seems blind to your problems and are not concerned with individualizing buildings. It can get overwhelming and it seems like they fire someone every other week. "My way or the highway" mentality.

Advice to Management

Try to individualize your buildings! Not every one is the same.