Genesis HealthCare - Opportunities for growth for those who want it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

"Opportunities for growth for those who want it."

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time

Pros

I have been working with Genesis since 2005, in different roles; all of which have allowed me to grow personally and professionally. I truly recommend this company in their career choice.

Cons

If you are truly committed to the healthcare setting and work hard there really are not any con's. the health insurance benefits have declined over the last few years.

Advice to Management

I would just have to say, the health insurance could better. Also, the tuition assistance program has not been available for quite some time now, and to have that assistance the for employees to use will make them more valuable in the long run.

Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare

1. "Good potential to advance"

Former Employee - OTR
    Former Employee - OTR

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AOTA friendly, good educational opportunities, flexibility & good compensation and benefits. Reasonable productivity standards. Good opportunities for advancement. Greater job security when employed by an owner operator versus working for a contract company. Although Genesis has both owner operator and contract work, I was employed at a Genesis operator building.

Cons

Computer software needs some work, time consuming when dealing with tech support.

Advice to Management

Improve software for documentation and increase number of computers and laptops or for evals.

2. "Great so far"

Current Employee - SLP
    Current Employee - SLP

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent resources both online and in person. Great benefits and lots of recognition for advanced programs provided by the company

Cons

A lot of upper management which means lots of micromanagement.

Advice to Management

Do not put so much stress on productivity and assist the employee's so they can be more efficient