Genesis HealthCare - nice to work for | Glassdoor

"nice to work for"

Current Contractor - OTR in Reseda, CA
Current Contractor - OTR in Reseda, CA

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare as a contractor

Pros

They seek to hire quality people.

Cons

It is quite difficult to get h.r. people to call you back. The process for connecting with other departments such as searching within the company for positions is not easy, people do not call you back.

Advice to Management

Please be more responsive with getting back to people when they call

Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare

"Genesis cares only of their "bottom line". Please read!"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Media, PA
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Media, PA

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ninety five percent of the staff and 1/2 the managers that I worked with were skilled, honest and good people.

Cons

Genesis had lost the contract for the facility I was currently working and I was to be laid off, we had 2 months lead time before the new company stepped in. I had earned quite a bit of paid time off, as I prefer to take it all off in the fall. One would think the company would let their staff take their time off or pay out for the time, NOT Genesis. They refused to allow me to either take the time off OR pay out, even refused 50% pay out. There was more than adequate coverage available for my position, so patient care was not an issue. Essentially they stole $2,950 from me. I had worked for Genesis for over 10 years and this is what they do?
    Genesis' computer system, either the servers, computers or ROX are very slow, your patient care quality will suffer as you spend 45 minutes doing point of service progress notes and/or recerts.
    I can't rate career opportunities as I only wanted to be a staff PT. Work/life balance also unrateable due to being paid per hour, although if I were salary, they would load me up.

Advice to Management

What goes around will come around. Poor reviews will hinder staff from signing on to your company.

"Transition Year"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at a legacy SunBridge building that Genesis bought out in December 2012 and have also helped in additional facilities, so I have seen great buildings and terrible buildings. There are at least a few people in each building that really know how to get things done. Once you get to know your co-workers, they are really great people in each of the buildings. Of course there are the duds too that got their license in the bottom of a cracker jack box... Management at my main building has great ideas about how things should be run and are accountable for actions taken. Rehab team is great. Pay is pretty good, but the benefits could be better. I've never had a problem with getting time off approved.

Cons

All that being said, management never follows through on their great ideas. Things that need to be done are usually through good CNA and nursing work, but none of those people are ever in our meetings. Upper management seems blind to your problems and are not concerned with individualizing buildings. It can get overwhelming and it seems like they fire someone every other week. "My way or the highway" mentality.

Advice to Management

Try to individualize your buildings! Not every one is the same.