Genesis HealthCare - Worked for Genesis for over 25 years | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

"Worked for Genesis for over 25 years"

Current Employee - Charge Nurse in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Charge Nurse in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

support from immediate management, teamwork, references and support from corporate level,great management in house support

Cons

complicated policies and procedures, having to work holidays and weekends with out being fully compensated , and not enough recognition from a corporate level

Advice to Management

continue to communicate with staff, staff recognition

Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare

1. "I have had an excellent experience with Genesis Healthcare in the 9 years of service with them."

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Salisbury, MD
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Salisbury, MD

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Administration is always available and attentive. They really listen to their staff. If they are unable to answer your questions they will get back to you in a timely manner with the answer. They seem to really care about their staff.

Cons

I don't agree with some of the policies regarding attendance. They lump lateness of one minute for example with absences for sick children or employees.

Advice to Management

Look at each person's lateness or attendance as an individual and decide on corrective action individually. Every situation is not the same.

"Disappointed in the unfair treatment of staff by senior management."

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company pays competitive salaries.

Cons

Poor management. Company claims that employees are their main concern but they do not follow labor codes for final payout when employment is terminated. I know of 3 instances within one year where the company owed waiting time penalties for late payment of wages due according to the Department of Labor Standards Enforcement. I wonder just how many other employees didn't realize they were short paid for accrued vacation hours. There needs to be a nationwide audit done. The problem us that the company is really only concerned with their bottom line and not patient care or the employees.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to pay more attention to middle management and not allow them to abuse their power as center administrators. The company grew too fast and has lost control.