Genesis HealthCare - Not the greatest health care provider to senior citizens | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

"Not the greatest health care provider to senior citizens"

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Hamilton, NJ
Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Hamilton, NJ

Pros

Opportunity to work many hours.

Cons

You're asked to work many hours.

Advice to Management

Therapists are less about the business and more about the practice. Please keep your worrying to yourself and solve your own problems.

Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare

1. "Happy, but not Passionate"

Current Employee - Regional Recruiter in Kennett Square, PA
    Current Employee - Regional Recruiter in Kennett Square, PA

Pros

It's a stable company even throughout these tough economic times. The work/life balance is great. I work from home full time and enjoy that flexibility. The job itself is managable and I don't feel overworked or under appreciated.

Senior Management geniunely cares about your professional development and strive to provide opportunities for you to acheive what you want.

Cons

Benefits are dismal.

I wish I could work in an office a couple days a week, but it's not possible due to my location. This will eventually what draws me away from the company. I miss working with a team. But that's not at the fault of Genesis.

Advice to Management

I don't have any.

"A good place to work when you want to make a difference and really work hard!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Kennett Square, PA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Kennett Square, PA

Pros

There is a lot of mobility available if you want to learn another role. People transfer all of the time and usually have the ability to do so within 6 months. It is also a place where you know you have the ability to make a difference in other's lives!

Cons

You work very hard and for many hours - usually missing you lunch breaks... Depending on your role, you may have some very hard and draining days. Working with individuals who are elderly takes a special person. Even if you are not in patient care role, if you are in one of the centers you will be expected to work with the residents!

Advice to Management

Being more open minded in your approach towards staff level employees.