Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) - Good care for patients. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

"Good care for patients."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH

Pros

Good relationship with coworkers. Staff truely cares about the patients. Family go to Genesis for healthcare. Administration wants to be the chosen healthcare for the community. Staff supports each other to a point.

Cons

Daily challenge and stress everyday, all day! No chance for advancement unless you happen to be one of the "favorites" of management. Stress between shifts, because each feel that they work harder than the others. Only get three sick days per year, but we are expected to care for those that are sick. Pay could be better, raises could be better. Those staff that have written warnings do not get raises, dispite the fact that they pick up extra shifts, stay over when needed, and come in early. Some charge nurses are more concerned with what they are doing and not the rest of the staff, and show favortism to other staff members.

Advice to Management

Senior nursing staff should come out of their offices and work the floor once in a while, so that they know what their staff is really going through. Management should consider not only the patients and the community when making decisions, but also their staff members. Because we are "customers" also. Many employees are leaving or looking for other areas of nursing, and management should ask themselves, why? Increase our pay, make us competitive not only with services offered but with other hospitals in reference to keeping employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

1. "Family away from family, Even though I do not work directly w/ patients, my compassion is shown from within the kichen."

Current Employee - Food Service Associate in Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Food Service Associate in Zanesville, OH

Pros

Genesis offers alot of benefits, you earn PTO(Paid Time Off) that you can use for persnal use or have doc app.. You feel like you belong like the managements really values your abilities and accomplishments Also you can chose between 3 medical plans that best suits your needs. We live the Genesis mission and are proud to be chosen as one ogf the Top 100 hospitals. we have acheived alot.

Cons

Sometimes you may not get a day off for a week or more.

Advice to Management

I think that the management offers more feedback to their employees now than in years passed. Every milestone we develope or accomplish the management is having open forums, putting info in the connections. I am proud of what you all have accomplished.

"If you are in the middle you are ok..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH

Pros

-For the area pay is good as long as you are salary (buy only option in the area)
    -Medical coverage is good, as long as you use Genesis docs, hospital, and pharmacy

Cons

-If you work on a unit, expect to get stepped on often
    -Once you accept that all doctors are god, even when they throw a chair across a room, then you will be fine
    -If you stand up to a doctor, even when they are wrong, you will be fired
    -Time off is a joke, first year is less that 14 days for sick, personal, all holiday, and vacation (even less if you are not full time). If you are a part time hourly employee you will earn about one shift off per 2 months (4 pays)
    -Management and team work is NOT encouraged...
    -Unless you have to work here, goto Newark (Licking memorial is wonderful) or Columbus

Advice to Management

Management needs to get their nose out of their blackberries (playing games, reading news, sending inappropriate emails), and pay attention to the company. Genesis needs to leave the good ol boys club of south eastern ohio