Cover image for Genesis Healthcare

Current Employee

Not valued by corporation

Nov 21, 2022 - Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

My co-workers are great and that is why I have stayed at this job.

Cons

The company does not value its employees and hires travelers at a much higher pay rate than the full time employees. The full time employees don't get raises because they company can't afford it, but they can afford to hire travelers instead of retaining their full time employees.

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Wonderful Atmosphere of team-oriented and positive experiences

Sep 5, 2022 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Parkersburg, WV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family feeling amongst the staff and residents. Professional, yet comfortable manor of communication with supervisors. High level of cleanliness at all times in the building. Great team work in all departments for the well-being of the residents.

Cons

CNA's are short staffed everywhere right now.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pay is probably considered above-average for staff position. Working conditions are not.

Jan 20, 2023 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in High Point, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Above average pay, benefits if you are full time.

Cons

Understaffing is ridiculous. When they're being scrutinized by the state, there's a very respectable staffing ratio (1:10-12), but when they've cleared whatever hurdle to get out of trouble, it's back to a skeleton crew for months at a time (1:18-20)...half of which are usually total care. Way too much. Also, be sure to use your vacation time before leaving, otherwise they will stiff you on the way out.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Genesis Healthcare.

Genesis Healthcare Photos

+ Add Photo
Genesis Healthcare photo of: Join our #HealthcareHeroes today!
Genesis Healthcare photo of: Our Nurse Leaders are eager and waiting to work with you!
Genesis Healthcare photo of: The Staff at Crestview Center
Genesis Healthcare photo of: Join us!
Genesis Healthcare photo of: Congrats to The Team at Village at Northrise in Las Cruces, NM who raised the most money of our company teams for Alzheimers Awareness in 2020!
Genesis Healthcare photo of: CNA Night Out in WV. Thank you CNA's! Join us!
Genesis Healthcare photo of: Our #HealthcareHeroes at PowerBack Willow Grove Center

Genesis Healthcare Job Seekers Also Viewed