Genius Plaza - A Growing Startup With A Mission To Work For | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "I am one of the recent hires of Genius Plaza and I feel that those interested in taking a peak behind the workings of this company should read this" (in 18 reviews)

• "Genius Plaza has a diverse work environment" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "It is a fast-paced environment and constantly evolving so you need to be someone who is flexible and can go with the flow" (in 8 reviews)

• "No work from home yet , which is really weird in tech but anything can happen in the future" (in 4 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"A Growing Startup With A Mission To Work For"

Current Employee - Developer in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Developer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Genius Plaza full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Genius Plaza provides opportunities to help their employees grow as professionals and as individuals.

The company is very diverse and mission driven. Employees truly believe in the mission and work their best to make that mission happen.

Everyone is really great at working together and will lend a helping hand whenever needed. As a junior in my position, I feel that I have truly had the opportunity to grow here, ask for help when needed and help when I am needed. It truly is a community that cares about one another, professionally and individually. If you're feeling off, you can count on a co-worker popping by to try and brighten your day or help you fix a problem.

Teams are autonomous and have the ability to collaborate and help decide the best direction for their team.

Teams have begun to take on the SCRUM methodology and it seems to really be helping teams move forward, conquer obstacles and improve their work. I have seen that this has shown great improvement in team and individual moral and the ability to complete tasks, start to finish.

Being a startup, management is still easily available to its employees, which helps employees feel that they can make a difference because they are not disconnected from the everyday action.

Company provides education stipend to its employees which helps them to continuously improve and learn new skills. Employees are given opportunities at work to learn new skills on their own as well as with the help of their co-workers. There is also a loan assistance program which is helpful to those who took on student loans.

Lunch is provided at Friday meetings. There is a nursery room, and they are continuing to improve the meditation room. There is a ping-pong table and other games to take moments to de-stress and take time to recollect your thoughts or look at a problem from another angle.

There is a fair work-life balance and it is respected by management.

I truly feel that with the current direction we are moving in, the company has the opportunity to make an impact in the Miami Tech scene.

The company is willing to try different things to improve as it grows.

Cons

Being a startup, tasks and roles can change and you have to be willing to wear many hats. We are still growing and it comes with growing pains, but that is the case with any startup.

There isn't an option for a company 401K or work from home days.

Advice to Management

Referral Bonus

Opportunity to work from home

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Great place to work and help change children's education"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Miami, FL

I have been working at Genius Plaza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We have great benefits, compared to the market in Florida. If you're the creative type, then this is the place for you. Since it's a start-up, there's a lot of room to be creative and spark. The company culture is awesome, we feel like part of a large family. We are happy to help each other out and try new things. Every day you have new challenges that only help you grow as a professional and individual. The management team is pretty helpful overall. They invest money on fun activities for their employees and overall it feels pretty cool to come to work.

Cons

As a start-up, it has had ups and downs, which also involved restructuring the business methodology a few months ago. Nonetheless, after that restructuring, now things are way much better. The internal communication has improved tremendously.

Advice to Management

Continue improving internal communication because it helps us to be engaged. There will always be negative people around, especially when you are trying to do good to others. Keep providing growth opportunities to your current employees and believing in us.

2. "Good Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Genius Plaza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work, friendly people working really hard towards company's mission, You can expect getting a great learning environment where if you try you can learn a lot from your peers and you can also take courses for professional development which the company offers to pay.

Cons

The normal startup problems but things are getting much more organized now

Advice to Management

Keep going we will get there eventually

Discover more reviews about Genius Plaza.