Genomic Health - Genomic Health remains a leader in its field | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Genomic Health

"Genomic Health remains a leader in its field"

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is leader in its products and services across the board. Company believes in investing in it's employees via benefit plan. Overall plan is comparable to leading companies. Company is supportive of family. Company invests in community and also provides grants options for other companies. Global visibility is aiding the growth of the company overall. Company has had substantial growth in the last 10 years. Foundation leadership is strong.

Cons

Growth speed of the company limits change and flexibility options. Education programs are limited.

Other Employee Reviews for Genomic Health

"8 out of 10 women will develop breast cancer"

Pros

My mother-in-law and the friend of my close friend have both used Genomic Health's Oncotype DX kit for breast cancer, and have used the test results to make informed treatment decisions in light of their diagnosis. It feels unreal that I was the one who recommended the test to them, knowing how their test results impacted their lives for the better. As an employee, I feel a direct connection between the work I do and those who I care about. This focus on patient health is pervasive throughout the company, and is a key contributor to a cooperative spirit throughout the organization.

Cons

The growing pains commonly experienced as a start-up gains size and momentum are beginning to surface. Certain departments are holding the company back by resisting the change. Other departments are resource-constrained and becoming bottlenecks.

Advice to Management

In a portfolio with limited resources, there is a limit to how much can be done. Clear priorities need to be established and communicated throughout the organization.

2. "Good cause, struggling with execution"

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can be proud of what we do
    Good work life balance

Cons

Results are not the priority. Mediocre results are accepted.
    Project management, setting priorities, etc is a mess.