Genova Technologies - Lack of Communication - Incompetent / Dishonest Management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Genova Technologies

"Lack of Communication - Incompetent / Dishonest Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Genova Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have nothing positive to say.

Cons

Management does not communicate with employees at all. There is a fair amount of improper conduct going on around the office and management is either blind or ignores it.

The office is in a very dangerous area where you need to be escorted to and from your car. Gang fights have been reported on the property as well as one recent car jacking in the parking lot.

Advice to Management

Dishonesty in the workplace is not a business builder.

Other Employee Reviews for Genova Technologies

"Great place to work just got better"

Current Employee - Senior Software Systems Engineer in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Systems Engineer in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Genova Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good, serious permanent position serving as contract engineering for a large agricultural company. SW Scrum teams, state of the art. CAN automotive adapted to agricultural applications. Give plenty of time to learn for someone coming from an avionics background.

I am a Systems Engineer (SW Systems Engineer) managing CAN database change artifacts for three types of CAN messages: CAN, DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) and DA (Diagnostic Address). This is for three different combine programs, with each having 4 to 12 control units, each with their own computer. Some of the change requests for CAN, DTC and DA are challenging, but normally the work flows is very good and high. 200 change requests are submitted and verified in a year's period. These all have varying degrees of difficulty.

Work remotely with a team of 3 SW Systems Engineers who are collocated. Assigned to one SW Systems Engineer who serves as my mentor. The mentor is not my supervisor or manager, so the mentorship is purely technical. One on one OJT (On the Job Training) with mentor.

We just had a major remodeling of the building which was done in conjunction with renewing the lease. The workers did major demolition work and frame work on weekends and when we were on break. Great working environment, especially now. Other people are happy with their work as I am. There are 3 dozen SW engineers and 7 support staff.

Activities are planned during the work day so that peers do not just have a working relationship but also a social relationship.

Cons

Drive once a week, not every week, to where the SW Systems Engineers are. It does good to have some face time with them as well as other SW Engineers for whom the CAN database requests come from. Three hour commute during which work is not done, but this is paid time (as well as mileage). Work with remote SW Engineers in India as well. Have to contact them at the very beginning of my day. Of course this is prime time for them to be involved in meetings with the SW Team members who also need to communicate with them at that time as well. This is more an issue some of the time vs. all of the time.

One on one mentorship is ad hoc and not scheduled. Some small things may take two months to learn.

Advice to Management

Some times this one on one with my mentor can be challenging. There is a little drama involved, but it does not happen very often. Do not get much feedback on how the person is doing. Just keeping my pipeline of work full and coming up with extra work to fill in the differences in Christmas break time offs gives a certain amount of feedback.

The remote working situation also lends itself to a desirement for perfect written communication.

"Small company feel with growth"

Pros

Genova is growing. Frig full of pop. They're open to learning new tech. I like the fact they build relationships with their clients.

Cons

I have no complaints with Genova