Gensler - Great variety of experience, relatively transparent organization. | Glassdoor

"Great variety of experience, relatively transparent organization."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Can develop many different types of expertise within the same company. Great to interact with people from around the world in different offices.

Cons

Have to track all of your time to specific projects (in 30 min increments). Virtually no allowance for exploring research or other non project work. Very political.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on productivity percentage and start allowing and inspiring people to innovate.

Gensler2016-05-26
  1. "People-First Firm"

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

As someone who has developed their career at Gensler, I can say without hesitation that this firm is one-of-a-kind. There is a clear focus on developing people, and growing people that is evidenced by philanthropic initiatives, collaborative leadership opportunities, career development opportunities, global & local work, and many planned professional events. What’s more, the work that we do and the caliber of clients...

Cons

None in my experience.

Gensler2019-05-17

Gensler Response

May 20, 2019Gensler Response

Thanks for the phenomenal feedback! We love to hear from our people.

• "Long hours"

Current Employee - Technical Designer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Projects are awesome and people talented, def a place to work to learn and understand a different vision, strategy and simply perspective on design.

Cons

Hours are long, life balance difficult, and the turn over ends up being very high.

Gensler2019-05-20

Discover more reviews about Gensler.