Gensler - Strong firmwide culture based on collaboration, and focus on continuing professional development. | Glassdoor
  1. "Strong firmwide culture based on collaboration, and focus on continuing professional development."

Current Employee - Senior Architectural Designer in Beijing, Beijing

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Large knowledge and expertise base for almost all practice areas, as the firm is so large. Can reach out to network of 5000 colleagues all across the globe.

Cons

The day to day projects can be sometimes mundane. Or, you get the opportunity to try inventive ideas that get killed by lack of client vision or inability to fully realise design idea due to overcompromised details at the construction level. Client base is often conservative and unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Need to contribute to supporting brave design ideas without interfering with its development. Excessive overtime and inefficiency with inter team communication and understanding an ongoing issue. Need to target better clients to raise the level of work.

Gensler2018-08-11
  1. "Great"

Current Employee - Technical Designer

I have been working at Gensler full-time

Pros

Culture and projects are great

Cons

Career development and career path can be confusing

Gensler2019-06-13

Gensler Response

June 18, 2019Gensler Response

Thanks for the feedback! We love to hear from our people!

• "Best Job I've Ever Had - Hand's Down"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Gensler full-time for less than a year

Pros

Gensler is a Marketing professional's dream. We are collaborative, creative and the possibilities are non-stop. The access to top-notch photography is unreal and the support us "marketers" get from other offices is beyond anything I have ever seen. One can literally reach out if they are in need of a similar proposal or presentation and instantly colleagues will send you something for inspiration. The management really...

Cons

Sometimes quick deadlines get thrown at you but there is always support and help from fellow co-workers and marketing staff to get it done. High deductible health insurance is a bit of a con, but Gensler helps subside the cost.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Gensler is a special company and our management has a lot to do with that. I appreciate the open-door policy and the desire to make our staff strive for excellence.

Gensler2019-06-03

Gensler Response

June 4, 2019Gensler Response

Wow! Thanks for the terrific feedback! We love to hear from our people!

Discover more reviews about Gensler.