Gensler - People-First Firm | Glassdoor

"People-First Firm"

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

As someone who has developed their career at Gensler, I can say without hesitation that this firm is one-of-a-kind. There is a clear focus on developing people, and growing people that is evidenced by philanthropic initiatives, collaborative leadership opportunities, career development opportunities, global & local work, and many planned professional events. What’s more, the work that we do and the caliber of... clients that we work with is unmatched. There is a studio for every practice area, each one of them working on creative projects. At Gensler, I truly feel like I’m shaping the future of cities every day.

Cons

None in my experience.

Gensler2019-05-17
  1. "Principal"

Current Employee - Principal in New York, NY

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Entrepreneurial , great projects!, quality design work ...alot of talent...Great People ! Great Culture....and Social Events! Care about staff advancement,...many training programs available ....Longevity of co-workers ..makes a difference on quality of design and delivery!

Cons

I really do not have any cons

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Gensler2019-12-04

""well technically you are his slave""

I worked at Gensler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

amazing people work here. the culture is great. i was treated well overall.

Cons

when i brought concerns regarding the crossing of boundaries in my employment with my boss, and my concern over their use of authority and power over my position, HR said, "well tehcnically you are his slave." and went on to tell me i needed to do whatever he asked regardless of how i'm treated. on top of that - i need to affirm them in their leadership role... how i'm treated is of no importance. felt expendible,... and though my only worth was as slave to those with power and money.

Advice to Management

we are all people and all valuable. the hierarchy is damaging - please show care and compassion for those you employ. people who carry out the trash are just as valuable as those who bring in the millions of dollars - treat them with respect.

Gensler2019-10-27

Discover more reviews about Gensler.