Gensler - Working at Gensler was a great place to gain experience in a well-established multi-national company with strong values. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gensler

"Working at Gensler was a great place to gain experience in a well-established multi-national company with strong values."

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Gensler as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Gensler's office culture is very collaborative, and the company has strong values in sustainability, innovation, and high-quality work.

Cons

Since it is such a huge company, it can be difficult to network if you're in one of the big offices and between offices. Sometimes seemed a little isolated.

Advice to Management

I would establish a strong internship program.

Other Employee Reviews for Gensler

"Glass Door review for a "Glass Ceiling" Firm"

Current Employee - Project Manager and Designer
    Current Employee - Project Manager and Designer

I have been working at Gensler full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Corporate Marketing department creates this great image of flawless company that allows constant stream of work so always new clients and projects.
    High billing rates and a senior title for many years helped me get good salary and override bonuses (only reason I stayed this long)
    Remodeled cool offices
    Food and gift perks

Cons

Glass ceiling. Politics. Serious favoritism without merit.
    You can be successful on projects, work in several practice areas for different principals, stay in budget, be team player, help others, work on AIA competitions, Canstruction, and have a client request to work with you for 10 years and still get passed over for December promotion because you didn't bow to the right principal who has most power with exec committee. I'm so tired of butt kissers who don't produce good work and pretend to be involved in industry to be praised by leaders who are clueless. Not just me, but several of my peers in other offices are in same situation.

Advice to Management

Practice waht you preach to the public and in writing. Office directors, have integrity and a backbone. Open your eyes to the people who bring real difference and not just drama and fake accomplishments.

2. "Intern"

Pros

Neat workplace and friendly office culture. 9-6 working hours in general. Lots of company events, good benefits. A range of projects.

Cons

For intern pay is not so competitive, and Gensler has a relatively strict dress code.

Advice to Management

Dress well