Employee Review

Current Employee

Life at Gensler

Jun 16, 2021 - Regional Talent Acquisition Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our teams’ diverse interests

Cons

Cannot find any areas of concern

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company to work for.

Jul 13, 2021 - Information Technology Intern in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture. Fantastic work/life balance.

Cons

Parking can be tricky because of office location.

2. 5.0
    Former Intern, more than 1 year

Architectural Intern

May 7, 2021 - Architectural Design in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible networking opportunities, exposure to aspects of design that school won't reach you. Helpful mentoring and the office culture doesn't feel corporate, despite the NYC office holding 900+ employees. Detailed experience on a very unique and specific project type. There is a diverse range of employment types available at Gensler and architecture is not the only discipline you will learn.

Cons

There is often a lack of project diversity; I worked on the same project, doing just about the same task, the entirety of my internship. I became well versed in that particular subfield of the industry, but was still limiting in a way. I also noticed that many of the times I worked late in the office was due to poor communication between project teams and consultants. Keeping everyone on the same page is vital, and when it happens at Gensler, the results are spectacular. Additionally, Project design needs to be riskier, more fresh and willing to produce groundbresking masterpieces. The Sustainability, LEED certifications, are already deeply ingrained in Gensler. The next step is to go out on a limb, take some projects that normally would be overlooked, and explore thr FULL capabilities of what a powerhouse firm like Gensler can really do.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Gensler.