Gensler - Great place to grow your career | Glassdoor

"Great place to grow your career"

Former Employee - Senior Associate Project/Studio Director in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Gensler full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Stimulating, globally focussed environment with an emphasis on the power of design to transform businesses & lives. You are encouraged to follow your passions and have them contribute to the rest of the firm. Employee ownership contributes to a feeling of collective responsibility for the future.

Cons

You are fully responsible for your own success which includes fighting to be on a good project team. Document all your accomplishments in a demonstrable way and be prepared to fight for recognition.

Gensler2016-03-03
  1. "People-First Firm"

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

As someone who has developed their career at Gensler, I can say without hesitation that this firm is one-of-a-kind. There is a clear focus on developing people, and growing people that is evidenced by philanthropic initiatives, collaborative leadership opportunities, career development opportunities, global & local work, and many planned professional events. What’s more, the work that we do and the caliber of clients...

Cons

None in my experience.

Gensler2019-05-17

Gensler Response

May 20, 2019Gensler Response

Thanks for the phenomenal feedback! We love to hear from our people.

• "Long hours"

Current Employee - Technical Designer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Projects are awesome and people talented, def a place to work to learn and understand a different vision, strategy and simply perspective on design.

Cons

Hours are long, life balance difficult, and the turn over ends up being very high.

Gensler2019-05-20

Discover more reviews about Gensler.