Gentiva - Run! | Glassdoor

"Run!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Pros

Large, well known company. Their paychecks will probably never bounce. They also have multiple locations nationwide.

Cons

The office staff and managers are very hostile and extremely disorganized. The charting is a nightmare and you are micro managed every second of the day. They do not reimburse for use of your personal cell phone, the pay per visit rate is comparable to other agencies but the patients are very high acuity, seem to be on service for a really long time, many are not home bound and can easily do their cares themselves. This is not a friendly office at all. Clinical supers will go out on patient visits if need be but that doesn't change their attitude in nit picking on every aspect of your job.

The schedulers play favorites with the per diem nurses so you need to kiss some booty to get scheduled. Not very ethical or honest. The orientation is grueling, redundant and worthless. It's as if they don't really care what degrees or licenses you hold, your just a robot to them. It's like joining a cult, you are isolated from other co workers, they swamp you with phone calls day and night and they even have their own language for assessment items.

Advice to Management

It doesn't really matter in this office. So many people have gone to the director with legitimate concerns, complaints , suggestions etc. and nothing ever changes. They are not interested in your opinions, just keep generating those medicare dollars.

Other Employee Reviews for Gentiva

"The patients are very rewarding and some are lifelong friends."

Current Employee - RN, Case Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - RN, Case Manager in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Office management is friendly and helpful most of the time.

Cons

Paperwork! Hours of Paperwork without compensation! Very low mileage reimbursement, Insurance sucks!!! if you and your children are on it. PTO can only be taken at management's convenience. I have never worked a 40 hour week. Family time is very scarce. What is the use of sick days if you never get to use them? You have to burn all of your PTO!!!

Advice to Management

Quit thinking about your salary and start thinking about employees and their happiness or you won't have a company very long. We are losing very competent and well educated nurses and therapists daily due to the workload.

2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Our office is run by a talented team, from the branch director to the scheduler everybody works well together. The local and area managers are always promoting from within and encourage professional development. Recognition is given for hard work and the office even recognizes us for providing great service or care. You can tell that the management team truly care about clinicians and want us to be happy. I love our team and know that together we deliver great patient care.

Cons

Paperwork is difficult. Need a computer system that improves efficiency.

Advice to Management

Please get rid of paper records. I hear life smart is not good, there has got to be something better than paper.