Gentiva - my experience with Gentiva has been somewhat dissatisfied they don't seem tocare about people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gentiva

"my experience with Gentiva has been somewhat dissatisfied they don't seem tocare about people."

Current Employee - Caregiver in Hugo, OK
Current Employee - Caregiver in Hugo, OK

Pros

Anyone would or should be proud to work with the elderly as well as the disabled. I love my job only because I know I am doing good for others that can not help themselves. I like the freedom of coming and going to different homes. I can't see being couped up all day in a tiny cubicule.

Cons

Well the office staff dont communicate with one another, so in other words no one knows what is going on. They need a little one on one with the patients they have or they are going to loose them to another homehealth care company. One can not seem to get a raise at any time. The main branch can not get things straight and dont have a clue as to what their employees go through for them.

Advice to Management

The management needs to care more for their patients and show it,as well as for their employees. If you dont keep these two happy then you loose your business. Botton line no business no money.

Other Employee Reviews for Gentiva

"Frustrating"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kannapolis, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kannapolis, NC

Pros

Generous PTO, growing business, excellent co-workers, ability to learn a lot about the home care industry, comfortable working environment, fair compensation

Cons

Managers are power hungry and worry more about the bottom line financially than patient care. Medicare patients are the goal and get the best care the fastest. Employees are overworked and stressed and hiring doesn't keep up with growth.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to what your directors are doing. The smallest employees still have things to say and shouldn't be ignored.

"Not good a big company that acts big and treats people poorly"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Salary and benefits are pretty good, the company has name recognition but that is about it. No real use of technology and the company is slave to Wall Street and the stock price.

Cons

hard core numbers oriented, lack of technology and business creativity, incompetent upper management-don't consistently live their stated mission, vision, and values as it relates to employee satisfaction.

Advice to Management

the Board should move them all on, overpaid for recent acquisition, lack of growth.