Gentiva - LPN | Glassdoor

"LPN"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I worked at Gentiva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Home health care is fun, laid back. Work independently in the field . A lot of PTO

Cons

Pay per visit, a lot of sitting in my car hoping a RN would need help with visits as I had to be available 8 to 4 whether I had visits or not. I did not live in the area I covered so I wasn't able to go home and wait.

Advice to Management

Understand that when we are slow there are days we would sit around for hours hoping for a call and not getting paid. There were days I only had 2 visits so would hang out for hours and at the end of the day if you average out my time I would make less than minimum wage per hour for that. Day. And if it was a day I needed child care it would actually cost me money to work.

Other Employee Reviews for Gentiva

"GONE WITH THE WIND"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist

I worked at Gentiva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of work for PT/OT staff.

Cons

Hours of paperwork requiring an employee to function on 4 hours of sleep per day in order to get required documentation completed by 8 a.m. deadline.

Advice to Management

Streamline paperwork and do not expect an employee to do the work of two people in order to save the company money and earn bonuses for branch managers.

"Run Fast...Do not enter"

Pros

Started out as a fairly good company. Gets worse the longer you are there and see things more clearly

Cons

No advancement opportunities. Top heavy with management. Only concerned about the dollar not the patient. Meetings all day and phone conferences. No time to do your job. Just alot of listening to higher ups that have no clue. Pay scale is poor. Every year the benefits get cut more and more. No appreciation from senior management. Our Area Vice President doesnt even know how to tie his shoes much less what is going on in his branches. If your not a male you will never get anywhere in the company. Lot of shady stuff going on. Run like your hair is on fire!!!!!

Advice to Management

Get rid of Tony Strange and all the other fat overhead. Appreciate the employees that do the work and take care of the patients.