Gentiva - We must be unique here? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gentiva

"We must be unique here?"

Current Employee - Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant in Hot Springs, AR
Current Employee - Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant in Hot Springs, AR

Pros

Great pay--and I've worked in a number of settings and cities, flexible schedule, great camaraderie and morale at home office and during meetings, fun place to work, supportive and encouraging management in my home office, good communication and effective staff meetings. We are like a big, fun family here at Gentiva.

Rewarding job, and great pay doing what you love!

Cons

Sure we may have to travel farther than we like sometimes, but we do get paid for mileage in addition to a great visit rate for pay-per-visit clinicians.

As compared to working at a nursing facility where you are in constant contact with other disciplines, I can see how it seems teamwork may not feel as relevant in home health. But that's what you have the weekly team meetings and co-worker phone list for, and our interdisciplinary communication is excellent.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work. We have a fun, hardworking, great team (at least at my office)

Other Employee Reviews for Gentiva

1. "Unacceptable reimbersment for mileage. No where near the federal level and long distances to travel eveyday."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Goldsboro, NC
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Goldsboro, NC

Pros

Able to work with a flexable schedule. Field staff members are great to work with. Feedback from patients is wonderful, it makes me happy I chose to be a nurse.

Cons

TOO much paperwork, too many meetings, driving distances between patients TOO far. Management unaware of needs of field staff. Communication between field staff and office breaks down often. Lost paperwork in office that field staff must do again after not getting paid to do it the first time.

Advice to Management

At least increase gas mileage reimbersement to an acceptable level. Pay staff for paperwork that they do after work hours.

2. "gentiva lacks integrity......"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port St Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port St Lucie, FL

Pros

flexible schedule, usually got pto for time requested, managers not micromanaging your schedule

Cons

pay per visit is horrible set up, declining ethics, poor management - out of the loop with regard to pt care issues, work time, etc., bonus went to management and marketers but should be shared with field staff b/c we are the ones that are doing the day to day care, making patients happy and healthy and return clients

Advice to Management

wow....get a grip on yourselves and appreciate your caregivers. we are the ones who make gentiva what they are. i have been so very disappointed in the past 2 years, watching the company and management take a nose dive. management is ineffective and rather top heavy - tony strange, look at making the cuts from there because you have a lot of branch & program directors and regional people who don't work a great deal, let alone ever kick in and help the field staff. gentiva has been progressively unprofessional, unethical and dishonest with staff. we are not desperate (which is what we were told at our branch at a meeting...."you need us, we don't need you....you are all replacable." so many of us have moved on. unfortunately, kharma will get you. you have lost a great deal of caregivers and you seem to be replacing them with heartbeats and warm bodies. patients are seeing this poor quality of service, doctors are aware, and referrals will slow, especially when they find the quality therapists and nurses are going to other companies.