Gentiva - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Location Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Location Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Thoughtful leadership that balances good business. Good employees are what they desire and are willing to provide for in order to retain them.

Cons

Your biggest customer is the federal government; reimbursement for the great job you do is annually devalued.

Advice to Management

Don't hesitate to eliminate a game player when you find them.

Other Employee Reviews for Gentiva

1. "Gentiva Financial Services Unit"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, GA

Pros

Generous PTO, 20 days to start, up to 30 depending on length of service. As far as medical insurance, the deductibles and coinsurance were quite reasonable1q2

Cons

Promotions given to management favorites based on who they like. Employees with way more knowledge/experience get denied. The people they promote are "yes people", and won't challenge management very often. A more experienced person will speak up if they feel there is a better way that things should be done in our department. Management thinks they know everything, even though they are not the ones doing the actual work. The bonuses are miniscule in comparison to the money we bring in. Would you feel appreciated if you received a $50 QUARTERLY BONUS after your department billed and collected millions? I think not.

Advice to Management

Business is business, friendship is friendship, and the lines should not be blurred. If an employee has a valid and reasonable issue that can be resolved by another department, management should help make sure that the supervisor or manager takes care of it. What happens at Gentiva is that the issue does not get fixed because the person you had the issue with is their friend. Which means you may have to somebody else's job in addition to your own since they refuse to make the employees in their department do it. If you are given the opportunity to voice concerns in an open forum with management's higher ups, they want to know what you plan to ask the higher ups so they can filter what you say. If you do make the mistake of telling them, they will say " I don't think you should say that. We don't want to throw Jane Doe under the bus." The higher ups didn't know about a lot of the issues we had because our management team did a very good job of protecting each other, to the detriment of the employees. I found out that the DME division is going to be sold. I feel bad that my former coworkers will be out of a job, however, I am glad that management's regime will be coming to an end shortly. I hope they enjoy their last days, because they will not be able to get away with this at their next company.

2. "We must be unique here?"

Current Employee - Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant in Hot Springs, AR
    Current Employee - Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant in Hot Springs, AR

Pros

Great pay--and I've worked in a number of settings and cities, flexible schedule, great camaraderie and morale at home office and during meetings, fun place to work, supportive and encouraging management in my home office, good communication and effective staff meetings. We are like a big, fun family here at Gentiva.

Rewarding job, and great pay doing what you love!

Cons

Sure we may have to travel farther than we like sometimes, but we do get paid for mileage in addition to a great visit rate for pay-per-visit clinicians.

As compared to working at a nursing facility where you are in constant contact with other disciplines, I can see how it seems teamwork may not feel as relevant in home health. But that's what you have the weekly team meetings and co-worker phone list for, and our interdisciplinary communication is excellent.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work. We have a fun, hardworking, great team (at least at my office)