Gentle Giant Studios - Fantastically LOW wages | Glassdoor

"Fantastically LOW wages"

Former Employee - 3D Digital Artist/Modeler in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Gentle Giant Studios

Pros

Creative environment. Good, talented, enthusiastic, funny, weird, dark, colorful, hard working artists and sculptors.

Cons

Although I suspect that the "Above-The-Line" management and owners are quite happy with their income...it really comes from the "Below-The-Line" worker bees who are paid didley squat. Amazingly, the pay I received as a Union Sculptor in the Local 755 was $48.50 an hour. Gentle Giant (paid?) their sculptors on average...about $12.00 per hour. Not even a living wage.

Advice to Management

Share just a little bit more. It's O.K., don't be afraid. You can still go home with a nice chunk of change, even AFTER giving your artists better wages.

Gentle Giant Studios2016-04-12

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Unique culture with artistic freedom"

Former Employee - Digital Sculptor in Burbank, CA

I worked at Gentle Giant Studios full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can really write your own ticket at Gentle Giant Studios, there is certainly many opportunities if you are motivated. The company is small but growing quickly. The pay and benefits are actually pretty decent and management seems to know what they are doing, a fun place to work and a very creative environment with industry leading professionals.

Cons

It's tough to get hired since the marketplace is so competitive. There is not a lot of training, management will throw you in the water and see if you can swim. You need to be prepared from day one, there are strict deadlines on most of the work so sometimes it can be stressful.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow artists to be creative and ask their input on projects. Keep the culture artistic as the company continues to grow.

Gentle Giant Studios2013-10-16
  2. "Low-paying but creative environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I worked at Gentle Giant Studios full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bursting with creativity. Fun and fast-paced working environment. Projects are always fresh and there's something different everyday to work on. A place you really look forward to working at everyday.

Cons

Pay is EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY low. A talented group of professional and creative artists earning peanuts for wages. I could never wrap my head around how awful the pay was. Well BELOW industry standard income. Just a tragedy really.

Advice to Management

Encourage employees to grow and climb the ladder.

Gentle Giant Studios2014-11-23

Discover more reviews about Gentle Giant Studios.