Genuine Parts Company - Nice company to intern for | Glassdoor
  1. "Nice company to intern for"

Former Intern - Accounts Receivable Specialist

I worked at Genuine Parts Company

Pros

As an intern you have an amazing chance to learn about different parts of the company with meetings every other week.

Cons

As an intern I did not encounter anything bad about the company.

Genuine Parts Company2019-12-01
  1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Data Analyst

I have been working at Genuine Parts Company full-time

Pros

Great people and lots of opportunity for improvement

Cons

Inflexible culture at times. Not comfortable with change

Advice to Management

Sometimes lack vision or fail to effectively communicate vision.

Genuine Parts Company2019-10-16
  2. "Honest Review of GPC - Jan 2020"

Current Employee - Leadership

I have been working at Genuine Parts Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Some very nice and talented people work here. Some department head have sensed the stress and eagerness for their employees to move on to different companies and have now began to operate independently to keep those employees happy and dedicated to GPC.

Cons

VERY traditional and old school. Millennials and those under the ages of 45 will find it difficult to make a long lasting career for the reasons listed below in the advice to management....

Advice to Management

Planning an upward mobility are always a positive for current and new employees. I feel that the volunteer retirement program that was recently offered was one of the absolute biggest mistakes in this company’s history because of a lack of succession planning, and no real direction has been established since all of the senior people either have or are leaving. The culture is very stiff and a lot of employees complain of our dress code on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. At some point you have to realize that we are in a new decade with forward thinking corporations all around us, and one small thing such as telecommuting can make or break employees relationship with the company. We really need to do better as a company overall forward thinking And upward mobility with more positions and availability to grow. There are also so many different gaps and pay when it comes to similar positions at different companies that it is also something that has caused quite a few good and talented people to leave GPC recently. We are glad that you are trying to upgrade the building in one capacity, but we need the same attention to better compensation plans, comfortable working environments, and fair and equal pay with options to move forward.

Genuine Parts Company2020-01-25

Discover more reviews about Genuine Parts Company.