Genuine Parts - Employees are treated extremely well. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Genuine Parts

"Employees are treated extremely well."

Current Employee - Computer Operator in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Computer Operator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Longevity. Security. Great supervisors. My experience here has been great. The health insurance is good. What makes this particular position really amazing is the people you work with. Most of the employees have been working with the company for more than 20 years, which says a lot about the company.

Cons

The site itself is not a good building. The building was built in the early 80's and shows it. They do take good care of the place but without a budget for upgrading the facilities there is not much they can do.

Advice to Management

Continue to upgrade the facilities as you get the budget.

Other Employee Reviews for Genuine Parts

1. "Decent Pay, but company as a whole is old school"

Former Employee - Catalog Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Catalog Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Calm work environment and open communication

Cons

Upper management not involved in all aspects of business

"I Have Nightmares That I Still Work There"

Former Employee - Purchasing Agent in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Purchasing Agent in Naperville, IL

I worked at Genuine Parts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Your nine bosses typically stay out of your way and are too timid to communicate vital updates or resolve personnel issues. This allows one to surf the internet, relax on IM with friends, or read e-books all day. Another pro was getting to meet so many people. The turnover in my dept. was so high that many were surprised I stayed through lunch my first day. Lastly, the job was so redundant and simple that an idiot could do it - and that's exactly who you'll be surrounded by in your department.

Cons

The largest con was the dread I faced every morning knowing that I'd have to endure one more day of the mundane at a laughably bad salary. I still have recurring nightmares, you know the one's where they seem "real," where I still work there and wake up in a panic. I will likely face these nightmares the rest of my life. There were so many rules. Employees would be "disciplined" for leaving their desks too often. Lastly, the company uses outdated methodology, procedures, and technology, and flat out pretends revitalization or progressive thought exists.

Advice to Management

Please realize how low you pay compared to the industry averages. Please realize that your employees want to give more but will not if there is not a willingness to challenge those employees or offer them more than the hopes of a free turkey at Thanksgiving.