Genworth - Usually good, but inconsistent | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Genworth

"Usually good, but inconsistent"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Genworth full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Paid time off is excellent - medical insurance gets worse each year

Cons

Constant layoffs and uncertainty; little opportunity for advancement in many roles; mid-level management with high salaries who do little for the company, an incredible waste of cash

Advice to Management

Do not trust your mid level managers to "do the right thing" just because they are managers - this is foolish. There is an increbile amount of favoriitism and backstabbing in Genworth's culture. I was unfortunate enough to be part of a team where it was so bad that it was difficult to bear. HR will do nothing in these situations, so don't even go there. If you do, it will make matters far worse for you as the company culture is that the "manager is always right, even if he's wrong." Sad, but true. This is NOT the case in all departments, just the one I happened to get stuck in for a very long time.

Other Employee Reviews for Genworth

"If you are looking for advancement in your career don't come here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at Genworth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The food is pretty good.

Cons

Well, where do I start. If you are looking to move up the ladder you better either be related to someone within the company, be friends with someone with in the company or your not getting anywhere. I have seen too many times NEW HIRES they only have a few months worth of actual "GENWORTH EXPERIENCE" and get promoted over other longer term employees. It was my impression that the Genworth manual states you must be in a position at least 18 months before you can be promoted. However recent and past events have proven that Genworth's Integrity creed turned out to be a bunch of crap!

This is not in any one unit it's across the board from numerous different employee's I have spoken with. They are tired of being overlooked for promotions and raises.

Another thing is they have WAY too many meaningless meetings that provide NO insight and are mostly a waste of time.

The Management expects work to be completed, however when raise time comes along this company generally gives the LOWEST possible raise.

Advice to Management

Treat Your Employees Better

2. "Great work life balance. Good Benefits"

Current Employee - Director in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Director in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Genworth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work culture and Good Benefits

Cons

Relatively slow work style when compared to other places I have seen

Advice to Management

Good going. Please focus on retaining good employees.