Geodesic - Lucky that I got good work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Geodesic

"Lucky that I got good work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mumbai (India)
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Geodesic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The products they make are very innovative. Thus new technologies are always used. Mainly web and mobile applications are done here. I am not personally aware of the quality of work at the Banglore office. Its a big startup that pays by industry standards and has the start up type atmosphere which ideal for freshers who are interested in following computer science in their carreer. Lot of independence at work. Flexible work hours. Office sponsored lunch. Overall an enjoyable experience. Good people to work with and easy to learn from. Product oriented company, not many found in India - A wholly different experience.

Cons

HR not very impressive. Do not expect more than the salary. Increments not on time. Bonus - not a very familiar term. Lunch quality sucks. Business oriented. The company would keep its goal ahead of yours or the products' that they made.

Advice to Management

Geodesic is very well established. India has got talent too. So, hire people who can search for this talent across India. Hire people who can generate ideas. Most importantly, nurture such people. The goal should be developing Intellectual Property.

Other Employee Reviews for Geodesic

"Good company to work for in beginning of career"

Former Employee - Lead Technologist
    Former Employee - Lead Technologist

I worked at Geodesic full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good team for mobile application development.
    Good at ideating and building POC. But they get stuck with UI changes for ages and thus are never first to market (even if they are first to think)

Cons

Most of great guys who worked for more than 5 years for Geodesic, who build the foundation of all products have quit Geodesic in late 2011 and early 2012.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Retain right people.
    You have let-go many great guys, which you must have retained for betterment of company.
    And retained a couple of wrong guys for over a decade.

2. "It feels like second Home"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Geodesic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is Immense opportunity for learning new Technologies and if convince your lead to work on a particular technology, then I am sure your are working on it.

Cons

We have stopped playing the Cricket Tournaments even though we were the winners when we participate. We need those Cricket Tournaments back.