Geographic Solutions - Hardly a sinking ship - much the opposite in my opinion | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Geographic Solutions

"Hardly a sinking ship - much the opposite in my opinion"

Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Palm Harbor, FL
Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Palm Harbor, FL

Pros

I just came across this site and I must say that I am stunned and embarrassed by the insulting comments some of my current co-workers have posted about GeoSol. I have been here for long enough to know that this is the best place I have ever worked. I have already made several friends here at work and I do value my job and the pay is fair for the experience I have in programming and I do like the various benefits that are offered, like PTO and casual dress and different events that are held (lunches, parties)

We do have alot of projects ongoing and some late hours that come with being a programmer, but for someone to say this is a sinking ship is just not right and it actually demeans the hard work that me and my teammates and other departments do each day. I am glad that we have alot of work to do here, because my last company went belly-up due to the economy and i don't want to re-live that feeling again.

The comments about getting your email looked at? Maybe this wouldn't happen if these gripers actually worked all day instead of standing around in the parking lot and gossiping and putting the company down all the time. No one from management or HR has ever said anything to me about that kind of stuff.

I really enjoy my teammates and most everyone is understanding that we have rough patches but the owner is fair and approachable and has been doing things to improve the morale.

Cons

We have alot of different versions of the software and we need to get some better handle on how the processes evolve to clean up our development. There are times when we find out right before we are supposed to leave that we have to stay and do extra work, which hopefully won't happen as much in the future if the processes get fixed.

Advice to Management

It seems like Management is now thinking about new ideas to make our work life better, such as different work schedules and better ways we can improve the software and the processes. So I would say keep that up and things will get even better. I do like it here and hope to stay at geosol for a long time.

Other Employee Reviews for Geographic Solutions

"Good memories"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

Pros

Fair Compensation, great benefits with great people overall. Their products were excellent and it felt good to say that I worked for Geographic Solutions. Over all leadership was very strong and fair to me.

Cons

More flexible work options would be a plus and need to promote work life balance. Negatives for contractor are no pto and other benefits.

Advice to Management

Work on promoting employees from within. Many of the managers are hired from other companies via internal promotions. Provide more cross training work and opportunities

"Not Worth It"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

Pros

I like that GS is not laying people off because people are always quitting and the company is always selling there is always work here. You can count on that.

Cons

The company brass talks a good game but can't deliver. For some reason there is an arrogance and stubbornness that keeps good things from happening. The people who are in a position to help seem cut off at the knees. For as big a small company as it is, everything is makeshift - if you've ever seen The Little Rascals put on a play, that's equal to how this company operates. It just can't get to a professional level on things.

Advice to Management

You obviously have some dedicated people willing to work nights and weekends for little pay or recognition. Focus on those people and try to hire more people like them.