Georgia Aquarium - Fun and never boring | Glassdoor

"Fun and never boring"

Current Employee - Overnight Specialist in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Overnight Specialist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Awesome team members who make every shift fun. Overnights are great...you show up on Sat night and leave Sunday morning getting paid for a full 17.5 hr shift (they even pay you while you get a few hours of sleep squeezed in). My bosses are energetic and make the time go by. They are vey understanding when something happens in our personal lives. We are truly a team.

Cons

I am a seasonal employee....so, that means no benefits for me :0( But, other than that....I can't complain much.

Advice to Management

Give new team members an email that lists suggested items to bring on their first shift. I had no idea how much I would want some water and lip balm! The salt in the air can wreak havoc. I just felt a bit lost on my first sleepover....everyone else had sleeping masks, earplugs, fuzzy blankies, air mattresses, reading book lights etc...

Other Employee Reviews for Georgia Aquarium

1. "Horrible pay - great co workers"

I have been working at Georgia Aquarium part-time

Pros

Loved the people and animals. Assistant Managers/ Head managers really do care about the us.

Cons

The pay is literally embarrassing. Only a good play to work if you don't need money. The upper level staff (above managers) don't value guest programs. Very fast turn over of employees.

Advice to Management

Show us that we care and consider more full time positions. If there were more full time/ slightly higher paid positions, they would get a higher caliber of employee and have a slower turn around.

2. "Good Part-Time job"

I have been working at Georgia Aquarium part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great and the schedules are flexible

Cons

Must work weekends
    High turnover rate