Georgia Department of Corrections - Not as Bad as I thought it would Be ...But | Glassdoor
  1. "Not as Bad as I thought it would Be ...But"

Current Employee - Correctional Officer II

I have been working at Georgia Department of Corrections full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Benefits pretty good. If you are ambitious there is opportunity for growth. The job does offer its challenges and for the right person, it can be a career job. Job security is good

Cons

Salary increases have been few and far between and very marginal. Although you accrue ample leave (sick and annual) You are somewhat ridiculed by supervisors for taking leave - especially if you call in sick. For the type job, pay should be more.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like they are valued and not like an extension of the inmate population. Supervisors should be trained more effectively on internal customer service and management.

Georgia Department of Corrections2014-10-28
  1. "Good and bad"

Former Employee - Corrections Officer I in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Georgia Department of Corrections full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits , Pay , Shifts

Cons

Unappreciated , favoritism , unprofessionalism, high turn over rate long hours .

Georgia Department of Corrections2019-05-01
  2. "Fun work"

Current Employee - Correctional Sergeant in Valdosta, GA

I have been working at Georgia Department of Corrections full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun work Stable salary Easy to do the job and learn the job

Cons

Terrible co workers Basically high school with the gossiping and clicks The inmates are taking over Hard to balance home life with work life

Georgia Department of Corrections2019-05-20

Discover more reviews about Georgia Department of Corrections.