Germane Systems - Interesting place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Germane Systems

"Interesting place to work"

Former Employee - Engineer
Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Germane Systems full-time

Pros

Germane has good people, interesting work, lots of opportunities to develop expertise if you are not afraid of a challenge. Germane's partnerships with other companies provides exposure to new technologies and key people at partners.

Cons

Small company mentality sometimes prevents the company from reaching the best solutions for problems. When i was there top management wasn't always on the same page.

Other Employee Reviews for Germane Systems

1. "Spoiled Much?"

I have been working at Germane Systems full-time

Pros

I've been here a relatively short time and find the atmosphere here very friendly and almost family oriented. I love the location, but mostly I love the teamwork that seems to come out of knowing how to make something from nothing. Apparently there is a strength from having had some struggles, that builds character in an organization that's willing to work through them. As they say what doesn't kill you...only makes you stronger.

Cons

I for the life of me can't figure out after reading some of these reviews, where some of my fellow employees have worked that they feel privileged enough to be able to tell an owner of a company when she should be present at the building. I've worked several places in my adult life, and rarely ever saw the owner. One of those places, I have no idea what the owner looked like. Where do we have time to even concern ourselves with what the owner does...SHES THE OWNER! One of the perks of owning something is not having to answer to people like me...lol. Cmon guys let's get over ourselves and concentrate on what we can control, the owner should always be beyond our control. And btw not only have I seen the owner here, but she's been pretty nice to me!

Advice to Management

Listen to us who are in the trenches everyday, write down our suggestions, and follow up with why something that we suggest might or might not work. We're not trying to show you up, we're just trying to help!!!

2. "CEO is clueless"

I worked at Germane Systems part-time

Pros

Unfortunately, there are not many. The CEO is always interrupting production for some sort of celebration so she can make another tearful speech about being world class. It takes more than tears to accomplish that.

Cons

Where to begin. First of all, any positive review on here is likely written by a family member or they are part of the "inner" circle (i.e., no matter how lousy of a performer you won't be terminated).
    There are some good, talented, committed employees but their work is stifled when the CEO comes in from her latest hiatus and starts stomping around yelling and screaming about how no one listens to her and she now has to take over (again). Totally eliminating all the hard work that have been put in place.
    God forbid the CEO senses a leader is close to knowing more than she does. They WILL be shown the door expeditiously.
    Then, suddenly; she gets board, or needs to go where ever she does for a month or so and everyone gets back to work undoing all the chaos created so the place can get back to normal.
    Yet another "Cousin It" is hired, in need of a job, to replace someone who was fired, or quit in frustration.

Advice to Management

Run, and don't look back. The CEO may be gaining on you.