Gerson Lehrman Group - Beginning my professional career without a regret | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gerson Lehrman Group

"Beginning my professional career without a regret"

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Gerson Lehrman Group full-time

Pros

Senior VP sits down and mentors an intern (me, now full time) to help develop professionalism and provide opportunity-giving experience. Open to new ideas and support juniors in the team to engage and grow. Find that anywhere else?

(*Note: For all the pessimists, it's not that the SVP has nothing better to do, but its more about this SVP valuing even an intern's experience under his management, sacrificing his personal time)

Cons

Agree that not all the managers are like the one I've described - I have seen others who are less concerned.

Advice to Management

Utilize unleveraged internal talent who may have different skills that the firm may be looking for.

Other Employee Reviews for Gerson Lehrman Group

1. "Creative learning environment that values intelligent self motivated individuals"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Gerson Lehrman Group full-time

Pros

I am very happy to come to work everyday. I was concerned with some of the reviews during the interview process. I have had several interactions with the CEO and completely disagree with the reviews. During my first month I attended a GLG History Onboarding session with Alexander and I thought he was dynamic and interesting. I feel that I am surrounded by intelligent, collaborative people. I couldn't be happier with my decision to join GLG.

Cons

It is a relatively flat organization which I could see people being frustrated if they can't move fast enough. When a company grows quickly sometimes the infrastructure can suffer and it seems that has clearly been the case. The company seems to realize this and seems to be making efforts to improve this.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. People need to know what their future looks like or they struggle to stay engaged. Focus on learning as much within the company as you do outside of the company.

2. "Fast paced, good culture"

I have been working at Gerson Lehrman Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, good culture, global company

Cons

Two office buildings in NYC

Advice to Management

Communicate more!