Get Satisfaction - An aging startup punching above its weight | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"An aging startup punching above its weight"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Get Satisfaction full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great teams, great people, and a very recognizable brand. Company all-hands a regular occurrence, as are weekly one on ones w/ management. All employees were company evangelists and championed for their customers. Fast moving, dedicated people. Everyone got along great, worked hard, played hard. Long hours and weekend work was not the norm.

Cons

Lack of funding (closing) was always in the back of your mind. Schizophrenic pricing model changes were tough on customers, as was the slow development cycle. Other companies offered increasingly better products that took away sales. Employee was turnover was fairly high and management did not backfill positions. Overall, growth opportunities internally were very limited.

Advice to Management

The sale to Sprinklr was timely. Culturally, the two companies seem like a good fit. With the new synergy, don't lose sight of facilitating quality conversations between brands and customers, and improve the product.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Missed the window"

I worked at Get Satisfaction full-time

Pros

The space the company is in was really hot and the GetSat product was well regarded by customers and competitors alike. The GetSat brand was phenomenal and awareness was much higher than other companies, some that are much bigger in size. It was an exciting place to work when the news was good.

Cons

The product is a feature of a bigger offering and for too long the company neglected product strategy, executing on a necessary architecture shift but one that let the feature list fall behind other vendors. The engineering team always seemed stretched and too often they were unconcerned with the market situation the company was operating in.

As is the case with any growth company, there wasn't a clear strategy articulated other than growth at any cost, and the individual groups did not align with a common vision.

Advice to Management

At this point an acquisition is the only plausible outcome and if I were on the board I would not get greedy about the valuation.

"Collaborative, fun environment with supportive leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Get Satisfaction full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership team is legitimately dedicated to helping you grow. Everyone from the CEO, to the exec team, to other employees are super supportive and interested in seeing you succeed. People are really open to new ideas, and there is a ton of opportunity to step up and participate or lead in any area you want. Different employee initiatives lately have led to the creation of a company hack day, an office re-decorate (with a hangout/music section), and a FUN committee.

Work life balance is also great. We work hard, but the hours aren't super long, and the work situation is flexible. They understand that we all have lives.

Cons

There have been some up and downs since I've been here. On-boarding isn't as smooth as it could be....And there's the typical startup madness, which I personally enjoy, but may not be right for everyone.

Discover more reviews about Get Satisfaction.