Employee Review

1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

middle management should be thrown in traffic

Jan 10, 2013 - Technical Department in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

decent pay, super casual dress environment

Cons

middle management is useless, doesn't really grasp what their staff do, non-technical mgmt in charge of technical departments, ultra-silo'd, cranky vp with a napoleon complex. Not solutions-oriented.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Place to Work

Feb 17, 2022 - Senior Director in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

At Getty Images the employees are trusted to excel in their roles, collaborate, and bring solutions. Leadership communicates regularly and often, ensuring we know the direction of the company, our goals and core drivers, and how we can contribute. Getty Images is forward-thinking and fosters a work culture that supports a hybrid, flexible world. In my experience, when a company shows this type of trust to their employees, the employees work harder, feel more connected, and are energized - that's exactly what I experience every day. It's an inclusive culture where employees are encouraged to be their authentic selves, with intentional space for learning and dialogue. There are monthly global open sessions, global cultural days of recognition, employee resource groups, opportunities for learning, and diversity and inclusion goals that are meaningful to the business and all of us working here. I credit this to the strong foundation with our Leadership Principles - it's not just the great work we do that matters, but how we work together. The true commitment to accountability and employee engagement is impressive. As an employee I also feel cared for - they prioritize well-being, the benefits have served my family and I incredibly well, and the pay is fair and rewarding. Within my career growth and trajectory, I have been promoted from individual contributor to a people manager - so I've experienced growth that I've wanted. More importantly to me, I've been given the opportunity to lean into exciting and challenging projects, and really grow in my skillset and capabilities as a professional. I feel recognized, appreciated, and supported. Finally, I also place great personal value in having a strong sense of alignment to the mission of the company - I need to feel that connection to be fulfilled in my career. At Getty Images the mission is to move the world, and I feel great pride in working for a company that produces best-in-class images and videos. From Getty Images to iStock to Unsplash, the work we do is showcased around the world. I am excited to be a part of that.

Cons

For those who come from organizations that have been extremely hierarchical or top-heavy, they'll find that they'll quickly have to reframe their thinking. Getty Images is quite flat and employees are empowered to lean into the work, test and iterate, and collaborate openly with senior leaders. There is a high level of involvement and accountability across all levels of the org, which is exciting and empowering. A growth mindset is a must in this organization.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Getty Images Response

HR Business Partner

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a detailed review of your experience at Getty Images. As you articulate your experience, I see strong parallels between our organization's Leadership Principles, All-Company Commitments, and cultural goals. Accountability is critical, not just to the revenue-generating areas of the business, but also the employee experience. We often consider questions such as, 'how do we ensure every single person comes to work and feels valued, included, and heard?' And, 'how can we shift our perspectives and build out programs that are equitable for each and every employee, regardless of tenure or geographic location, function or remit?' These are compound and vast objectives, but our commitment to them is what sets us apart. Please know your voice matters. As we continue to build on this, and bring the organization forward, I encourage you to continue to share feedback, with either leaders, your manager, HR, or myself at carly.etzin@gettyimages.com. Thank you!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Getty

May 24, 2022 - Manager of Business Intelligence in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Getty Images has an important mission: bringing the highest quality creative and editorial content, the latter particularly important in these times, to our customers and everyone who works at Getty has a part in that. Not only does that play into the length of time people invest in Getty, but so do the company culture, sense of purpose, and the investment in diversity and inclusion. There’s a real sense of belonging and as a result, many are not just coworkers. Lasting friendships are created outside of work too.

Cons

Getty’s data infrastructure and related tools are rapidly improving to meet the organization’s needs, but it is a work in progress. Consider the current state an opportunity for improvement that you might personally be involved in rather than one which can meet all analyst or data science needs, whether through tools or performance, at the moment. In addition while Getty is actively working on opportunities for career growth and the creation of potential career tracks, don’t necessarily expect title changes every few years as might be seen elsewhere.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Getty Images.