GfK - A great group of smaller companies trying to figure out how to be a big single company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GfK

"A great group of smaller companies trying to figure out how to be a big single company"

Current Employee - Senior Research Director
Current Employee - Senior Research Director

I have been working at GfK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of really smart people working at the company. And it has significant access to diverse and global study resources.

Cons

The company is going through a growing spurt in that many smaller companies are trying to develop a single culture and identity. This leads to a fractured workforce and inefficient work plans because there is little understanding of what others in the company are doing.

Advice to Management

The bureaucratic hoops that workers need to go through kills morale.

Other Employee Reviews for GfK

1. "life/work balance is way out of balance"

I have been working at GfK full-time

Pros

There is a lot of work. Encourage socializing.

Cons

Too many executive VP. Need more help in operations. Work is not evenly distributed. Work to all hours in evening and weekends.

Advice to Management

More hiring of staff below Researchers.

2. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Current Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Current Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at GfK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

How lucky am I to have the opportunity of working for GfK MRI. I've got the nicest boss, awesome collegues and decent pay (as long as I enjoy my job). The management board does take everyone's opinions into consideration. Especially Kathi, our CEO is always kind to everyone in the company. I am saddened to hear that she is leaving us. Best luck and happiness to her in her new life path.

Cons

Again, limited opportunity for growth. You might have multiple job loads for one single job title.
    Maybe at least we can have job title changes?

Advice to Management

Since everyone in the company works beyond their job title. Managers also do the same. Thus, they are as busy as everyone else in the company. However, this is not an excuse to not evaluate everyone else's work. "Give credit when credit is due." Time to promote or have their titles changed!