Giant Eagle - Salaried Manager | Glassdoor

"Salaried Manager"

Retail Store Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Giant Eagle for more than 5 years

Pros

10% Team member discount on Giant Eagle products.

Cons

If You're a salaried manager on the GetGo side expect long hours. When there's a call off and no one wants to cover you will be covering. The last 2 District Leaders I had really didn't care how much I worked. I worked almost a month straight between 10-14 hours a day and they didn't provide any help to get me time off. There was a lot of favoritism. If you weren't someone they liked they simply ignored you. Way too may advancements for people who didn't do their jobs or had just started with the company and were moved up because they were liked. You couldn't trust upper management.

Advice to Management

Staff your stores appropriately, not by what you think you can get by with. Focus on Team Member growth not simply throwing some people into a position and watching them struggle and sending someone else through a 6 month training course then promoting them because they had learned more.

Giant Eagle2018-04-18
  1. "I worked at this particular Giant Eagle on two occasions, from May 2018 to November 2018, and from June 2019 to Sep 2019"

Former Employee - Fresh Foods/Deli-Bakery Customer Service Clerk in Ellwood City, PA

I worked at Giant Eagle part-time for more than a year

Pros

Once the manager left, I took over a good bit of the duties and was on track to becoming manager.

Cons

This company loses a lot of employees due to paid wages and hours.

Advice to Management

Give more employees more hours and a higher wage and you won't have to hire so many employees.

Giant Eagle2019-09-08
  2. "It was fantastic and accommodating."

I worked at Giant Eagle part-time for less than a year

Pros

Union Benefits Starting salary $10.00 an hour Little to no prior experience needed

Cons

Lifting heavy objects Getting yelled at by customers

Advice to Management

Give more sick days

Giant Eagle2020-01-24

Discover more reviews about Giant Eagle.