Giant Eagle - Easy job, but poor work environment and low satisfaction in your job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Giant Eagle

"Easy job, but poor work environment and low satisfaction in your job"

Current Employee - Front End Coordinator in Erie, PA
Current Employee - Front End Coordinator in Erie, PA

I have been working at Giant Eagle part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is very easy and laid back for the most part. The job is simple and requires little to no effort. The benefits are excellent for part time workers.

Cons

Don't expect to move forward in the company or feel worthy of your existence. You can suggest things that will benefit the company, but they are rarely heard. Pretty much just accept their minor rules and live with the ones that make no sense.

Advice to Management

Don't be so controlling over small details. Pay more attention to the bigger picture not the small petty things.

Other Employee Reviews for Giant Eagle

1. "Good Job, Unstable Hours."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

I have been working at Giant Eagle part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Union
    -Good Co-Workers
    -Above average pay
    -Not expected to do several things at once.
    -Nice Break Room
    -Comfortable Uniforms
    -Flexible Scheduling

Cons

-Unstable Hours. Especially right now. I'm getting about 10 hours less then I usually do so far this year.
    - Only hear from Management when your doing something wrong, or they feel your not being productive enough.
    -Short Breaks

Advice to Management

Have more oppurtunities for advancement and raises. I would like to make a career out of Giant Eagle, but it seems especially now like a dead-end job.
    Have hours be more stable, don't slash everyone to the minimum when the company itself is doing well financially.

"A mostly enjoyable experience."

Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Sheffield Village, OH
    Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Sheffield Village, OH

I have been working at Giant Eagle part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I know this will very from place to place, but my bosses and coworkers are fantastic. We really work as a team and I really enjoy working with them. The job itself is not bad. The pay is above average for a part-time job and we get paid vacations and health benefits.

Cons

It's retail...so you are going to have obnoxious customers. I'm a little annoyed with Giant Eagle's tendency to bend over backward to help customers that frequently complain or make a scene. Why are we rewarding them for that? Then customers who are kind and considerate don't get the customer satisfaction gift cards and the occasional free item.