Giant Eagle - VERY busy and can be stressful, but from what I've seen they treat their pharmacists well | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Giant Eagle

"VERY busy and can be stressful, but from what I've seen they treat their pharmacists well"

Current Intern - Pharmacy Intern in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Intern - Pharmacy Intern in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Giant Eagle as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

They back up their pharmacists when they make mistakes and treat them well for the most part. They pay well for pittsburgh where there are no pharmacist jobs. The company is growing and always trying to capitalize on new ideas.

Cons

A lot of the stores are very high volume so there can be a lot of pressure to get things done fast rather than to be helpful to patients. Also, they don't train the technicians well, the only way they really learn more is through years of experience with the company. it can be very stressful. They are only available in 4 states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, and Maryland, at least for now.

Advice to Management

Better training process to make the work load more efficient and flow more smoothly. Also, let employees know of upcoming promotions so they don't look incompetent in front of customers.

Other Employee Reviews for Giant Eagle

1. "Horrible"

Current Employee - Cake Decorator in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Cake Decorator in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Giant Eagle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The insurance plan is one of the best I've seen. They are pretty flexible when it comes to scheduling.

Cons

The workload is getting to be too much for the number of people they employ in this position. There is no sick time, vacation weeks are few and far between. Management are the only ones to receive bonuses (if earned), the people doing the work don't see any of it.

Advice to Management

Give more hours to the stores to have enough help - if you want to increase sales, then we need to be able to put the product out! And if you're going to do bonuses, everyone should get it, we all do the work.

"Management Treated Poorly"

Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Giant Eagle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great teams of employees to work for

Cons

Managers and "higher ups" have no idea how to treat their teams, politics run the company - not quality employees. Great managers are only blamed and abused, but those that "play well with others", never questioning policy or procedure even when it has a clear benefit, are the ones rewarded. Sometimes ruffling feathers is crucial for a company to grow!

Advice to Management

Don't let a blonde in a skirt influence your decisions when recognizing some of the best talent you've ever had. The manipulation, lies, abusive treatment, scornful emails, and the blame game should stop so your management team can be loyal and dedicated to the organization - because I assure you, right now they are not. Every one of them has a resume out there looking for a company that will treat them fairly.