Gigya - You have to like a start up environment to thrive | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gigya

"You have to like a start up environment to thrive"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager
Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

Pros

* Cool technology, gaining more acceptance with the market
* Many smart people

Cons

* Much of the decisions lie with Israel, who make the key decisions
* Management keeps adding more responsibilities to job requirement, but doesn't add more people to handle the load.
* They say we're all adults, but there are unspoken rules that have to be followed.
* New people aren't mentored

Other Employee Reviews for Gigya

"Really taking off"

Current Employee - Sales in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Gigya full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Clear product leader in a massive market
    -Strong Product Marketing
    -Very strong sales organization from top to bottom
    -Good organizational culture. I am still getting used to how positive everyone is
    -I trust that the executives will do the right thing for our employees, our customers, and the good of the business.
    -Extremely transparent with financial information

Cons

-I'd like to see us expand the office in New York and possibly add one in Chicago. Outside the London, Paris, and MV offices, I think we could better connect the pods that are outside are main locations.
    -EU Channel sales are having a lot of success, how can we replicate that in North America

Advice to Management

-This will sound crazy, but I think we should spend a little more cash. I feel like marketing does well with a small budget, let them throw a bit more fuel on the fire.

"Huge momentum in a hot space!"

Current Employee - Director, Regional Sales Management in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Director, Regional Sales Management in Portland, OR

I have been working at Gigya full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gigya has emerged from the tussle over who is the best CIAM vendor as the clear winner. Major brands sign every single day, and it's inspiring to see win stories flow through our email - even more so to read of brands that are household names. As a salesperson, it's fun to work for the leader in the space and consistently win 9 out of every 10 cycles (true statistic averaged across the sales team).

I've had considerable personal success since starting at Gigya over a year ago. At most software companies, things are pretty awesome during the sales cycle, and then when you transition to the post sales team you get the "B" players. Not so with Gigya. I'm proud to say that when I talk to existing customers, they downright love our post sales people, and they are experiencing considerable tangible benefits. I never feel worried when an existing Gigya customer calls- it's inevitably a great chat, and typically because they want to add more licencing or Services.

It's hugely rewarding to work with customers and see them realize their goals via the platform. Also, my colleagues are really awesome people who I can trust to do their jobs, and we have a really great time working together. Some folks I've worked with at former companies, and it feels like family. It really makes life awesome to have the VP of Sales or the CEO come visit a major customer with me and be a huge asset to the meeting, but respect my judgement as well.

Cons

Personally, I'd prefer less time in internal meetings each quarter, I just want more time in front of customers, selling. It's always hard to catch up after a week's worth of meetings. Although it's hard to deny that we have fun!

Also, Gigya is very process oriented, which is great for many things, but sometimes to a fault. For example, I'd like to spend far less time filling out half a dozen required fields in expense solutions and using authenticator apps and filling out a hundred different fields in Salesforce, or having to create a case every time I want someone technical on a call. It sounds petty, but this stuff adds up, is frustrating, counter-productive and consumes way too much time. It seems like IT and Finance just love to add more process! I shudder to think of the cost in terms of sales hours spent across the team.

Advice to Management

Strategically, we are in a good place. Management is top notch, but please lighten up the load on process. We have a ton of momentum right now and we all need to move fast and stay focused.