Gilt Groupe - Excellent learning experience with a fantastic luxury start up. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gilt Groupe

"Excellent learning experience with a fantastic luxury start up."

Former Intern - Gilt City Boston Intern in Boston, MA
Former Intern - Gilt City Boston Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Gilt Groupe as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Insight into the luxury market, including fashion, local lifestyle events, restaurants and so much more. Excellent, comfortable and easy-going environment that allows one to be productive and enjoy all assignments and duties.

Cons

To be perfectly honest, I enjoyed every day that I interned. It was truly a learning experience that I am very happy to have had. I suppose our office in Boston was a bit small, but at that point there were only three of us. From what I understand their recent merger has not only increased the size of the Boston office, but of the entire market.

Other Employee Reviews for Gilt Groupe

"Beware of Operations"

Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at Gilt Groupe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, work with interesting vendors. I'd recommend this company but only certain departments.

Cons

Operations: Management is cliquey and condescending. They push you too hard. Your job is below them and they don't offer to help with what you do when you are overwhelmed. Instead, they try to figure out better 'processes' and point the finger. Never been so unhappy with a department in my years experience in the job force and I'm not the first one of my co-workers to say that.

Advice to Management

Less micro-managing.

2. "Total lack of supervisory support"

Former Employee - Customer Support in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Portland, OR

I worked at Gilt Groupe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great snack room
    -Awesome products on website with employee discount

Cons

Gilt Groupe uses a number of offices to staff their customer service operations as well as a work from home team. I was a member of this work from home group who consistently lacked management support on basic issues. Technical difficulties we constant and the IT support from the home office was both rude and unhelpful. Some of the supervisors are smart, competent people but their intelligence was overshadowed by their utter disregard for the needs of their employees. Additionally, the in-house and work from home team were treated differently on a number of occasions.

Advice to Management

Gilt Groupe, please disband the work from home team. Your employees hate it.