Girl Scouts USA - I lost my trust in the Girl Scout organization | Glassdoor

"I lost my trust in the Girl Scout organization"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

I worked at Girl Scouts USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ability to work from home, if needed, work with some great volunteers and a public that is supportive, the smiles on girls faces when they are given the chance to thrive

Cons

Constant push for cookies sales and Fall Product sales without regard to volunteer and girl time spent. Lack of money for volunteers to provide adequate girl opportunities because funding is spent more on trying to impress the elite than on girl memberships and activities. Upper management cares only about numbers and winning recognition from GSUSA corporate. Major complaints and corruption within council is brushed...

Advice to Management

GSUSA needs to take a closer look at decisions being made, speak to former employees about why there is such a high turn around, and clean house!

Girl Scouts USA2017-08-14
  1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Girl Scouts USA part-time for more than a year

Pros

They are constantly looking for ways to introduce non traditional routes into the program.

Cons

Lack of funding can make your job position obsolete.

Girl Scouts USA2019-05-03
    • "Inspiring Mission/Great work-life balance"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Girl Scouts USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work/life flexibility is great at GSUSA. Work from home/telecommuting really helps. Mission to help girls is inspiring and overall a great group of friendly people that I enjoy working with.

Cons

Organization can be confusing and hard to understand the responsibilities/tasks of each department. Have been here over a year and I'm still unclear of certain positions/departments and what they are doing exactly.

Girl Scouts USA2019-06-13

Discover more reviews about Girl Scouts USA.