Givaudan - Stagnant atmosphere discourages ambition and individuality | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Givaudan

"Stagnant atmosphere discourages ambition and individuality"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Lakeland, FL
Former Employee - Lab Technician in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Givaudan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, nice facilities, all levels of employees are treated as part of the company (and encouraged to conform), fair pay

Cons

Employees are passive aggressive, because dissidence is highly undesirable. This leaves opportunities wide open for predisposed bullying personalities to dominate entire isolated departments.

Advice to Management

Get an actual HR department that honestly addresses employee concerns. Encourage employee input and allow for some disagreement. That is normal and healthy! Otherwise, Givaudan is a sound business, but that is a huge flaw.

Other Employee Reviews for Givaudan

"Long hours, easy work, good pay... production gets slow at times."

Former Employee - Mixer/Machine Operator in Silverton, OR
    Former Employee - Mixer/Machine Operator in Silverton, OR

I worked at Givaudan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good paying job. Easy work. Friendly staff.

Cons

Production gets slow sometimes, and work becomes on call during those times.

Advice to Management

The only complaint I ever had was when we didn't have any work. Try to keep production going by looking for more potential customers, maybe work with some of the smaller local businesses that may need products made by Givaudan instead of relying solely on orders from the big guys.

"Disorganized, so political they can't get anything done, demeaning to women"

Former Employee - Group Leader in Florence, KY
    Former Employee - Group Leader in Florence, KY

I worked at Givaudan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can't think of any. I guess it is a job and you make a lot more money because of all of the OT

Cons

pay, hours, no advancement possibilities, Managers do not listen, A lot of yelling and very unprofessional work environment

Advice to Management

If you want to keep your employees, you need to at least act as if you respect them and give them at least the illusion they are part of a team. Don't work the emloyees to death. Besides never having any time off, the cost of overtime is unbelievable.