Give Something Back - Great Mission Statement and Purpose- Poor Job Growth Possibilities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Give Something Back

"Great Mission Statement and Purpose- Poor Job Growth Possibilities"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Oakland, CA

Pros

I genuinely felt as if I was doing something important and worthwhile for the community. I was happy to come in to work. The managers treated the employees great, in fact because of he size of the company it felt like a family.

Cons

It is not a place for you if you desire career advancement. This company is not bad in fact it is one of the best places I worked but it definitely has to fit with what you are looking for and the type of person that you are.

Advice to Management

Provide growth opportunities for employees. The president should not be concerned so much about the day to day operation of the company but instead set the strategic goals and then have the team execute. This is one of the main reasons the company has not grown.

Other Employee Reviews for Give Something Back

1. "If you can cold call, you can be giving something back!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Inspiring management. If all company's shared this business model, America and the world would rejoice in a utopian society. The business model is based off the same model as Paul Newman's salad dressing. Attending the donation event functions are a lot of fun. Seeing the needy being handed $500 - $25,000 checks is amazing.

Cons

I bet everybody reading this post thinks I work for the company. I used to. If you can manage a territory and cold call F2F every business in your territory, and can sell office supplies (same inventory as Staples or Office Depot), then you can be successful here. Unfortunately it didn't work out for me, but GSB was a great place to work, I enjoyed my time, management was great because at its heart its a small family business doing good for the community.

Advice to Management

Keep the sales force inspired and incentivized (sp?).

2. "Overall the company is good at heart."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Oakland, CA

Pros

The company had a real good family atmosphere. The commitment to the community is tremendous and their B corp status is a unique business model that adds to the lure of the company.

Cons

Because the company is not very big and expansion is the not the priority of the company finding other position with in the company and or advancement is very difficult and almost none existence.

Advice to Management

The philosophy of the company is great, I would say continue to work on the internal culture of the company and modernize the work structures.