Glassdoor - Exciting Times, Great People | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Featured Review

"Exciting Times, Great People"

Current Employee - People Team in Mill Valley, CA
Current Employee - People Team in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

3 years later and I still feel so lucky to work here! My HR (People) leadership team supports me and constantly pushes me to grow. My goals and the goals of my teammates are clear, and we are encouraged to help each other and teach each other along the way. My opportunities feel endless here, there is always something new and exciting to work on around the corner. The benefits are extremely generous: free healthcare for employees, catered lunch every day, an onsite gym and locker rooms, Chariot to take you over the Golden Gate Bridge, and the best view of the Bay right outside your desk window.

Cons

The only constant here is change. If you can't roll with the punches and adapt to new processes, leadership, opportunities or whatever it may be, you might not enjoy the environment here. With that said, these changes teach us to be resilient and adaptable - both invaluable traits to learn in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to us like you already are. The surveys, the Huddles (all company meetings), and the constant communication from Robert all help to make us feel like we are in this together.

Aug 30, 2017 – CHRO

Thanks for this excellent review and for your continued work here at Glassdoor. Our people team works tirelessly to make sure everyone has the best experience here and I’m glad that’s ringing true... More

Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor

"Rudderless - Avoid at all cost!"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-When in Mill Valley, the lunches were sometimes good and the Coke machine usually had ice

Cons

-Culture of blame
    -No vision or real leadership from senior management
    -Very "junior" sales org from top-down with little outside experience and not much thought leadership
    -Very negative, toxic culture
    -Total inability to make the transition from revenue to margin
    -Very dishonest culture. Lying is encouraged here.
    -Layoffs/RIFs fairly common (Leadership is very reactionary with zero discipline to stay the course)
    -Watched a senior level person be recruited from a top-tier organization with 10+ years of tenure (hired to work remote) only to be told 4-weeks later that the organization would no longer support remote (that was the official excuse given, and printed on paperwork filed with the state of CA, however I was advised by someone who was actually IN the meeting with the CEO the day before that the cut was made purely for budget reasons - don't believe the corporate values - they are wall decorations)

Advice to Management

CEO - Stop standing-up in meetings dropping F-Bombs like a 6th grader with a head injury.

Oct 10, 2017 – CEO & Founder

Hi - I really am sorry that Glassdoor wasn't a fit for you. Being remote is very challenging, and in your case, the position really needed to be in one of our large sales offices.

We're proud of... More

"Glassdoor is on a roll!"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Glassdoor is on a mission to help people find a job and company they love and they’re succeeding! This company is ALIVE and filled with friendly, energetic, and smart people who come to work every day feeling both empowered and accountable. I particularly like that the company models itself around being transparent, since that's what Glassdoor is all about.

Cons

The pace at Glassdoor is frenetic. If you can’t deal with change and a certain amount of unpredictability, this is not the place for you.

Aug 30, 2017 – CHRO

Thanks for being part of our team and sharing this great review! The friendly, energetic, and smart people are exactly what motivate me come to work every day too. Glad you’re one of them!