Glassdoor - Love it! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Love it!"

Current Employee - Manager in Uniontown, OH
Current Employee - Manager in Uniontown, OH

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I truly love this company. There is a great culture and I love everyone from the CEO, to my VP, to the people who site next to me everyday at the office. The company treats us so well as employees that sometimes I feel guilty lol. On the other hand, it makes me really appreciate my job and motivates me to bust my but to do a great job in return. Great culture, great benefits, great work/life balance and work from home option (within reason), and a great team of people. It's amazing to me looking back on how far this company has come in the 3 short years I've worked here. We have tons of fun and work really hard. There is a sea of growth potential here both personally and professionally- from round table discussions, to on line learning, to leadership workshops. Glassdoor lives their mission.

Cons

The pace at which things change can seem rattling at times, but that's start up life. On the other hand, it's really cool to be a part of figuring it all out and building processes. I've also learned how to be more adaptable as a human being and manager as a result.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. And remember there are just some people who will never be happy or satisfied no matter what you do. From me personally, thank you for everything you do for us!

Oct 12, 2017 – Vice President, Content & Community

Thanks for this awesome review. We are so glad you are part of the team. Our Ohio office is incredible and have such an important role in making Glassdoor a great site for employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor

"Finally, A Company That Feels Like Home"

Current Employee - Editorial Director in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Editorial Director in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After 15 years in my career, I've finally found a company that truly fits 96% if not more of my needs, wants and desires. It is the perfect place for me in my life right now, professionally and personally. I used to think that a job could only be but so good -- that it could only satisfy two of the three major requirements (pay, people and project). My husband says that he learned in business school that you will, in fact, only ever get two of the three. However, I have found all three at Glassdoor. A great salary, funny/hard-working people and a project or work product that challenges me every day and gives me the autonomy I've been looking for.

It's a senior start-up, as I like to say. Glassdoor has the nimbleness of a start-up with none of the uncertainty. It has the professional polish of a large company without the politics or bureaucracy. It's a great place for those who know what they want and have the drive, passion and mid-career experience to make it happen.

Cons

As a member of the marketing organization, I don't experience many of the downsides that others might. Overall it's a very strong organization. However, to provide balance, here are the areas that need improvement:
    -Clear focus on business objectives and resources. While there is so much to do with the product and in the space, Glassdoor is only 750 people. Prioritization is key. To do everything we want to do, we'll have to either focus on the 80-20 rule more, or hire more people.

-Location. I love working on the waterfront, but the commute is hard for 85% of the company in Mill Valley. A larger SF office with opportunities to work from there would be great not only for current staff but for our recruitment and retention efforts.

-People of Color. No need to beat around the bush, I'm not talking about "diversity." I'm referring to actual people of color in our ranks. We need more. We have diversity of thought, gender, socio-economic status, etc. However, Glassdoor truly struggles with hiring and retaining people of color. It's no longer okay to say that we're not as big as our contemporaries and, therefore, cannot put the emphasis on hiring people of color. It's imperative to our innovation and growth that we invest in racially diverse communities.

Oct 24, 2017 – VP Corporate Communications

I am so glad you’re part of this team! Words like these help remind all of us why we come to work every day and I’m so happy to see this job is the right fit for you.

Your review is a great... More

"Trending in the right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We have hired some truly amazing people in the last 10 months who are going to take our Chicago office to the next level of awesomeness! We are also moving to our new Fulton market office, and I cannot wait!!!
    2016 had its challenges as we were figuring out a lot of new things. Being in a new location with a new team lead by new managers had it's not so happy moments, but we are reaping the rewards now.

Cons

Not entirely sure what the parking situation will be like at the new office, but rumor has it that it won't be as good as we have it now.

Advice to Management

Chicago is one of the main reasons the company is doing so well. With the growth we are seeing and the $$$ we pull in, please hook us up with food on Tuesday and Fridays.

Sep 14, 2017 – Senior Vice President, Sales

Thanks for being part of our awesome team in Chicago. You’re right, it’s moving fast and we’ve hired some great folks who will take us to the next level. Appreciate your help!