Glassdoor - Love it! | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "There is so much flexibility with work/life balance that it makes it easy to come into work in the morning" (in 62 reviews)

• "We have options for work from home and flexible hours" (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • "Over the years there were a lot of growing pains" (in 39 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance can be hard to maintain at times due to high quota" (in 13 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Love it!"

Current Employee - Manager in Uniontown, OH
Current Employee - Manager in Uniontown, OH

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I truly love this company. There is a great culture and I love everyone from the CEO, to my VP, to the people who site next to me everyday at the office. The company treats us so well as employees that sometimes I feel guilty lol. On the other hand, it makes me really appreciate my job and motivates me to bust my but to do a great job in return. Great culture, great benefits, great work/life balance and work from home option (within reason), and a great team of people. It's amazing to me looking back on how far this company has come in the 3 short years I've worked here. We have tons of fun and work really hard. There is a sea of growth potential here both personally and professionally- from round table discussions, to on line learning, to leadership workshops. Glassdoor lives their mission.

Cons

The pace at which things change can seem rattling at times, but that's start up life. On the other hand, it's really cool to be a part of figuring it all out and building processes. I've also learned how to be more adaptable as a human being and manager as a result.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. And remember there are just some people who will never be happy or satisfied no matter what you do. From me personally, thank you for everything you do for us!

Oct 12, 2017 – Vice President, Content & Community

Thanks for this awesome review. We are so glad you are part of the team. Our Ohio office is incredible and have such an important role in making Glassdoor a great site for employees.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Trending in the right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We have hired some truly amazing people in the last 10 months who are going to take our Chicago office to the next level of awesomeness! We are also moving to our new Fulton market office, and I cannot wait!!!
    2016 had its challenges as we were figuring out a lot of new things. Being in a new location with a new team lead by new managers had it's not so happy moments, but we are reaping the rewards now.

Cons

Not entirely sure what the parking situation will be like at the new office, but rumor has it that it won't be as good as we have it now.

Advice to Management

Chicago is one of the main reasons the company is doing so well. With the growth we are seeing and the $$$ we pull in, please hook us up with food on Tuesday and Fridays.

Sep 14, 2017 – Senior Vice President, Sales

Thanks for being part of our awesome team in Chicago. You’re right, it’s moving fast and we’ve hired some great folks who will take us to the next level. Appreciate your help!

"Exciting Times, Great People"

Current Employee - People Team in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - People Team in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

3 years later and I still feel so lucky to work here! My HR (People) leadership team supports me and constantly pushes me to grow. My goals and the goals of my teammates are clear, and we are encouraged to help each other and teach each other along the way. My opportunities feel endless here, there is always something new and exciting to work on around the corner. The benefits are extremely generous: free healthcare for employees, catered lunch every day, an onsite gym and locker rooms, Chariot to take you over the Golden Gate Bridge, and the best view of the Bay right outside your desk window.

Cons

The only constant here is change. If you can't roll with the punches and adapt to new processes, leadership, opportunities or whatever it may be, you might not enjoy the environment here. With that said, these changes teach us to be resilient and adaptable - both invaluable traits to learn in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to us like you already are. The surveys, the Huddles (all company meetings), and the constant communication from Robert all help to make us feel like we are in this together.

Aug 30, 2017 – CHRO

Thanks for this excellent review and for your continued work here at Glassdoor. Our people team works tirelessly to make sure everyone has the best experience here and I’m glad that’s ringing true... More

Discover more reviews about Glassdoor.