Glassdoor - turning into something we're just not | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

"turning into something we're just not"

Current Employee - SMB Account Executive in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - SMB Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love my coworkers. Definitely will be life long friends. Like the relaxed dress code and the freedom. For the most part, you get back what you put in.

Cons

Where do I begin? Glassdoor is turning into something that it's just 'not'. I chose to begin a career at Glassdoor because of the people, atmosphere, perks, career opportunities, and future manager. Now they're bringing in some new faces from companies that have OPPOSING culture to what Glassdoor is all about. Trying to change us. Couldn't be more clear that all of us are just numbers according to some of the new management here. It is not being received well. You have, and will continue, to lose great employees because of it. The vibes are not what they used to be. Nobody feels job security. More than half of the sales reps are exploring new careers as of late.

Practice what you preach..... Give your employees a "Job and Company they love" because that is what we originally signed up for.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. You may think "losing some reps here at there" is normal, and inevitable. Sure- you're probably right. But there is absolutely a common theme here as to why people are leaving and it is because newer "upper management" is trying to toss ideas into the pot and willing to sacrifice reps sanity and happiness at work. Your reps are your revenue. I'd keep that top of mind.

Glassdoor Response

Oct 17, 2017 – Sales Director, SMB New Business

Thank you for taking the time to write this all out, and I'm sorry that you are feeling this way.
I'm really excited about the culture we have in Chicago, and at Glassdoor as a whole, and I have a... More

Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor

"Live that Transparency & Job You Love Motto"

Current Employee - Marketing in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I believe in the senior leadership/execs. Made great updates to approach re: sharing information that has had a felt impact.

Love the new focus on being a recruitment company, instead of separate B2C and B2B identities. Excited for building for scale over the next years.

Marketing reorg was smart, and long needed. Have had good career opps here.

Not an ego-driven place. Tries to be and hire thoughtful, strong people.

Def appreciate our gym (though needs some investment) and classes (more yoga please!).

Cons

Salaries not market rate. Think it's hard for us to hire true A players all the time.

Not as modern or shiny/sexy place as some expect from Valley tech - whether that's our environment/office space, coffee, tech savvy of employees, or our sites/app and design.

Feedback/suggestions to HR and facilities oft met with defensive, corporate email replies - even something small like "could we have less candy / unhealthy food and more healthy stuff?"

Advice to Management

Be a modern Bay Area tech company that promotes health and wellness, including quality food, and invests in updating our environment. (Say "too bad" to those who like to eat the bad stuff - they can BYOCandy!) Find ways to get regular feedback on this kind of stuff. There's lots of tools and services that help w/this.

Otherwise, keep up the great work, and keep trying to find ways for us to live our mantra's about transparency.

2. "Recruiter"

I worked at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

I loved every minute of it! I moved on for another opportunity .

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep the great culture!