Glassdoor - Amazing company, amazing people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

"Amazing company, amazing people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

I love working here; the people are enthusiastic and passionate. The company is innovative and forward thinking. Great culture, and exciting work, especially in a period of such growth. It doesn't feel like "work" and every day brings a new challenge or opportunity

Cons

- Older people: The average age is much higher than most similar Bay Area tech startups. While this has helped establish Glassdoor, there is some inertia because of this, and perhaps the company isn't reacting to new market developments at the rate that it should be.
- Bureaucratic: Bureaucracy is odd for a company that is so small and relatively new, but because of the aforementioned inertia, there are often several levels of management one has to go to for a new idea to ever reach the surface. At a company that is growing so quickly, nobody ever has enough "bandwidth" to spend the appropriate time reviewing such ideas, and so innovation is often systemically discouraged.

Advice to Management

-Focus more on product: be more user centric. Improve UI/UX as that really matters to most users.
-Improve social media. Glassdoor is a social media company, and yet its social media handles are underdeveloped. Invest in this.
-While the company is great at employee recognition, try and enhance employee innovation (think Google 20% time) and foster new ideas

Feb 13, 2013 – VP Marketing

Thanks for this feedback. With regard to our presence on other social forums, you'll see a rapid expansion of this in 2013....with an even greater focus on our blog and spreading our vision for... More

Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor

"Account Exec."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team leader I had before I left was supportive and very helpful. The my peers were friendly.

Cons

Start up feel, you have a quota that doesn't stop growing. Very micro managing!!! Stressful work environment. High turn over. Low salary compared to the city. Some sales managers have favorites and didn't let you forget it!

Advice to Management

Don't have favorites. Also very one minded in process, not every process (sales strategy) works for every company.

Apr 1, 2014 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback and review. 2012 was definitely a growth year in terms of getting the right sales leadership in place, and figuring out our hiring profile. Your feedback is fair. I'm... More

"Professional site lacks professionalism on the inside"

Former Employee - Lead Generation Associate in Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Generation Associate in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fresh Fruit Monday, Bagel Wednesday, and Donut Friday
    - Flexible work hours/ lunch breaks
    - Vibrant atmosphere w/ a bright future (inside jokes among among established employees, youthful/fun environment- in Sales/Marketing at least)

Cons

- I essentially had to fire myself. My supervisor decided to limit the tasks that I performed to the point that I questioned my status as an employee and initiated a meeting to discuss (Tuesday). Apparently the decision to let me go was made the previous Thursday unbeknownst to me.

- In this meeting it was stated that I was probably going to be let go Friday (my birthday) if I hadn't taken the steps to open communication about my job status sooner.

- I was let go b/c I do not possess technical skills that were not listed on the job posting, or mentioned in the interview- and was not given the option to learn these skills on my own.

- A LOT of sedentary sitting and alienating/lonely if you don't have rapport est. with co-workers

Advice to Management

- Improve communication: employees should know where they stand, or be told how to fix an error before being terminated.

- Promote personability AND professionalism further (i.e. I scheduled a few meetings that my supervisor did not go through with, so I was left to apologize to the ignored potential partners (emails read "___ never called me like we discussed. " and had to reschedule appointments.)

Apr 1, 2014 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback. I do want to acknowledge that 2012 was a tough year for us in building our sales team, and your feedback is very valid. We made a lot of mistakes as we grew as a company... More