Glassdoor - Love My Job | Glassdoor

"Love My Job"

Current Employee - PR in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - PR in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment, plenty to learn, passionate group of fun people to work with. Glassdoor is full of people who really care about what we're creating. Glassdoor also truly cares about employees, I feel very supported here.

Cons

I wish the company was easier to get to. Glassdoor is also VERY metrics based. You are measured on everything in detail, which can be a blessing and a curse.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a great job showing how much they care about employee wellbeing. I think making the seating arrangements less separate would foster more inter-department communication. Overall, great work. Proud to be here.

Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor

"Best of All Worlds"

Current Employee - Partner Success Manager in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Partner Success Manager in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Glassdoor sets goals, then either meets or exceeds them. I've never seen a business do that! There is consistent growth and progress. What I love most is Glassdoor's self-awareness. The Company acknowledges where it has room for improvement and then adjusts as needed. Employees at all levels are able to contribute and feel like they have played an important part of Glassdoor's success.

I am personally grateful for the patience and space Glassdoor has afforded me to grow within my role. Likewise, they've provided with a manager with great industry experience and leadership skills which I can absorb and use in my own career growth.

Equally appreciated are the perks: great snacks, a robot that makes my coffee, a fun office environment, open pet policy, unlimited vacation time, fun events, opportunities to give back to the community, and lots more.

Lastly, I always appreciate our CEO's reminder of the greater impact of what we do: we pair great people with great jobs and companies! It's almost easy to forget this sometimes when things get crazy. But we're doing amazing things and helping others.

Cons

The obligatory pangs of a startup environment DO exist. There's room for improvement when it comes to streamlining communication between departments. (But everyone tries their very best...and it's getting better!)

Advice to Management

Glassdoor could better promote the relatively short commute from surrounding cities. Located in Sausalito, the commute is easily perceived as a long one. The reality is, many employees like myself get to work from S.F. in under 15 minutes.. Let's make this more clear to talented job-seekers who might want to work here.

I'd like to see more initiatives to help internal employees develop a career path within the company. To-date, this has existed more strongly (and more successfully) in some departments more than others. I look forward to seeing this happen across the board. This would include leadership training, well-defined responsibilities, etc... Hopefully it's just a matter of growth, timing, relevancy and some other common growth factors.

"Some things that sound too good to be true aren't - working for Glassdoor is one of them."

Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Huge potential for positively impacting people's lives by building a great product in an unlimited market. Fantastic company culture, incredibly smart and hard working engineering team, great comp & benefits, enthusiastic & tech savvy sales/marketing, strong leadership. Beautiful office location, onsite yoga and outdoor activities, hack-a-thons and tech talks let you demonstrate your abilities and passions alongside day-to-day responsibilities.

Cons

As a startup, it's the usual lot of work and project churn/shifting priorities.
    Not a lot of quiet spaces to work in when you need to shush the noise and get stuff done.

Advice to Management

Would be great to have regular product reviews/knowledge share across engineering sprint teams; the combination of growth and more specific focus for each team, it's starting to feel a bit like we're on shifting continents. Something simple like an all-engineering weekly huddle would probably do the trick.