Glassdoor - Watching the company grow & change | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

"Watching the company grow & change"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is very good, but likely not sustainable into the future
There are some very good leaders within the organization
The career opportunities are increasing as the company is growing
There is a clear opportunity to be more than just a # as the company is still small enough for you to make an impact
Training is so much better than in the past
Sales employees are treated and compensated fairly
There isn't much "dog eat dog" in the sales department
Finally seeing more promotions from within

Cons

The growth in which we've experienced is watering down the culture (which was and can still be absolutely amazing)
I feel like hiring in the sales department needs to slow down a bit, particularly in "enterprise"
Starting this job as a remote rep isn't a good strategy. Reps need to spend at least their first year in the office
I believe we need to promote more from within. A better balance is needed.

Advice to Management

Be sure to understand who your leaders are in the sales org. Also, sales leaders that have been hired from the outside need to be sure to spend a lot of time "getting their hands dirty" to understand the sales process/objections/etc. We need more people with experience selling our product in those leadership roles to be able to lean on. I believe we need a better mix of leaders and sales people from the outside who have sold marketing products, not necessarily software, or even talent solutions. This will help give us a unique and much needed perspective on things.

Lots to be excited about at Glassdoor if executed properly!

Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor

"I really enjoy my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for a company that truly cares about the employees is priceless. Not only does Glassdoor care about us, but the company culture is one that extends that caring to the world around us. Our mission is clear and it's one I am proud to be a part of - I feel blessed to have found this job.

Cons

Communication and restructuring issues are to be expected in a growing company, however there are frustrating days. Working remotely only adds to the confusion at times, but I the good far outweighs the bad every time.

Advice to Management

Focus on keeping the lines of communication open and revisit company organization often to make sure we are all clear on who does what and where to point questions.

"Best place I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros – I have worked at 5 companies in my career; Glassdoor is clearly the best for multiple reasons.

1) Great culture and energy - the people are amazing!
    2) We are growing like crazy - fun and disruptive solution, people are passionate about Glassdoor
    3) I strongly believe we have a fantastic solution that is helping people connect with the right opportunities to improve their lives, as well as helping employers find the right people to build better companies
    4) Decent compensation/ equity
    5) No dress code!
    6) Access to execs - can make my voice be heard - I left a review that marketing wasn't communicating enough with sales, now marketing is doing a fantastic job of letting the sales team know what is going on with products and content - great improvement!
    7) Sausalito feels like vacation every day
    8) I don't feel unnecessary pressure to perform like I have felt at other companies - I will produce more because of this
    9) I feel appreciated when I perform!
    10) We are moving to a brand new office and will have lunch provided every day!
    11) Flexibility to work from home! This is crucial! I was given the ability to work from home a few days a week because of high performance - I probably would have burned out having to commute every day for 2-3 hours

Cons

There are a lot of changes with startups: shifting managers, accounts, processes, etc

Advice to Management

Increase in base salary would be nice, especially for high performers - it's expensive to live in the SF Bay Area, Fastrak for commuters! More extrinsic rewards, training on competitors, car and phone allowances