Glassdoor - I love Glassdoor | Glassdoor

"I love Glassdoor"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

Free food and snacks and new office will be even better
Great management that is open to feedback
Growing fast so many promotions

Cons

many of the cons of a startup is that things are changing fast and someones responsibilities can sometimes be more than they asked for. Some people like that however.

Advice to Management

Continue being transparent and continue growing the culture despite growth.

Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor

"The pleasure of building something useful."

Current Employee - Director of Product in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Product in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) I've worked on a bunch of different consumer web and mobile applications. Glassdoor is the first one where I've had the experience of strangers thanking me for building a great product that made their lives better. Frequently, I meet new people and tell them that I work here, and they say, "Wow, cool, I use that. That's such a useful {site / app}. It just helped me {negotiate my salary / prepare for an interview / find a new job / avoid taking a job at a company that would have been bad for me / etc.}".

2) It's fast growing and successful, which is exciting. This, combined with the pleasure of building something useful, makes for extremely high morale among the employees. It makes it fun to come to work every day.

3) I commute by bicycle across the Golden Gate Bridge every day to Sausalito. It's a short trip, and it's gorgeous. The office is in a really beautiful spot by the water. There's a really nice deck with a view of the bay and the San Francisco skyline, with a grill and a kegerator full of beer. There's good quality of life working here.

Cons

The down side of fast growth is that we spend a lot of time on hiring and training new employees, which takes time away from "real" work. Also, it's tough trying to get into a rhythm, when we're constantly adding new team members.

Advice to Management

It's awesome to work here. Please try to keep this same passion and close-knit team spirit as we expand, evolve, go public, get bigger customers, move to bigger offices, etc.

2. "Glassdoor is the perfect work environment for opportunity, growth and great experience!"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) Fun atmosphere
    2) All the employees are incredibly talented with great personalities!
    3) Flexible work schedule
    4) The work is very exciting
    5) I am surrounded with highly experienced team members that help me grow individually and professionally. My team rocks! My supervisor is teaching me more than I could have imagined. He is always cool, calm and collective- an overall great leader!
    6) I work with everyone in the office, the culture is very team-oriented!
    7) I love the dog-friendly work environment
    8) My team is very supportive and encouraging
    9) I could not have asked for a more enjoyable work environment. There is never a dull moment!
    10) I enjoy coming into work each day!

Cons

The only con is there should be healthier snacks.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!