Glassdoor - Smart, easy going people all motivated and working toward the same goal. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

"Smart, easy going people all motivated and working toward the same goal."

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Sausalito, CA
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are all smart and dedicated. Work / life balance is great. There is a good balance of working very hard but also having a life outside work.
The Sausalito location is amazing -- Just minutes over the Golden Gate Bridge it an easy commute from the city, East Bay and of course Marin.
Career opportunities are amazing. This company is growing and expanding and it's a great place to be!

Cons

Time management can be challenging. A lot happens on the fly and meeting start and end times don't stick to schedule.
It can be difficult to get hired as the recruiting bar seems to be high, but once here it is great!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Need to figure out how to retain this amazing culture while growing in size.

Glassdoor Response

Apr 1, 2014 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback and review. Work/life balance is very important to us, as you point out. We believe fundamentally that for you to truly succeed in your work, you've got to have a healthy ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor

"Great career move"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The sales culture here is fantastic. Everyone is so supportive of our common goals. With a relatively newer company, the team is well invested in the future. We all care about the guy/girl next to us succeeding and it shows. The compensation is better than what I've received in the past and puts me on track to make great money. Everyone has fun working here from sales to legal to accounting to engineering. I felt very welcomed from day one and the on-boarding process is great for anyone looking to join Glassdoor.

Cons

A lot of things are still in process or in development. This goes with the territory in any company like this. The sales transition was messy in some cases. Not everyone got a good deal and some did genuinely get the short end of the stick. It was a very necessary change and some reps probably made way more money than they should have last year. This next year will really allow the cream to rise to the top per-se.

Advice to Management

First and foremost, fix the particular employee count issue everyone knows about ASAP. There's a lot of fixing to be done, but this should be high on the list. Second, let's tighten up our leadership and get this show on the road. Things haven't felt the same since transitioning everyone's roles.

"exciting growth with intelligent, engaged, dedicated people"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great teamwork. the real, visible prospects of growth mean that we (i) are (am) motivated to give it my all at glassdoor. i am inspired to perform well, feel that my efforts are respected, appreciated, and noticed, and i would like to spend a significant chunk of my career here.

(or at least the next few years!)

the growth opportunities also means that the types of politics that are present in any work / office environment are not present here. what i mean is, sometimes in a place where morale is low, or opportunities are limited, you can see people turn on one another to get ahead, or simply to survive.

at glassdoor, that is not an issue, and so we can turn our efforts towards helping one another, growing together, and excelling together.

Cons

tight space as we wait for our new building to be completed. building permitting issues are slowing us down, and it makes for a little bit of stress.

also, this selling point for new hires is a bit farther away than it should be... i hear this should have happened in december 2013 of january 2014. its now mid march 2014, and i think we are looking at early summer?

not the fault of glassdoor management, perhaps, but once we do relocate (a few miles north), i see the morale (already high) jumping to all new levels of high.

Advice to Management

keep sight of the amazing people who brought you this far, and continue to listen to them. keep us involved, keep us engaged, and we will reward you with our loyalty, dedication, and talents.